THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio Apartment

Big Daddy
This topic is 7521 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am seriously considering renting an upscale apartment on my next trip to Rio. My friend George will meet me in Rio and my original thought was to simply stay at the Atlantico. A Junior Suite is now 220R a night (200R plus 10%), which each of us would pay. For 440R ($151.00)a night, I was thinking we could get a quite nice apartment.

I am now looking at an apartment that overlooks Leme/Cobacabana beach, on the 22 Floor, 3 bedroom, including a computer with internet hook up, cable tv, very secure (24 hour doorman), maid service for 418R a night. It is a very upscale building that sits on the hill that the tunnel to cobacabana runs through. The apartment owner, who lives in NYC, has no problem with Wan Hallen, but made me promise not to take anyone up that we do not know, or has not been vouched for. The lease calls for half down (payable with credit card for security against fraud)and a $500.00 deposit upon arrival. The owner recommends that you give his rental agent $500 in Travelers checks, which are then returned upon check out. This sounds very tempting to me, as I think it would greatly improve the quality of time that I have with Wan Hallen.

I have numerous links, and was thinking that I could post them to the FAQ section, and others could also post. There is a 4 bedroom penthouse apartment, with a swiming pool, on Atlantico Blvd on Cobacabana beach that is renting for 812R ($280)a day. There is like 3000 aq feet of space. Sounds fun to me, but more than George and I can handle.

Any of you out there with experience in renting an apartment, I would certainly appreciate your thoughts and possbile suggestions or recommendations.

George and myself are driving to Los Angeles on Feb 26th so that he can get his visa. I know that we can get it done via mail, but it is an excuse for me to go to LA and see Tom, Tony, Stanley and some of the rest of the "gang". We are planning on meeting at Numbers.

Wan Hallen called on Tuesday and my Portuguese is improving (thanks to Dr. John who loaned me his Primsleur CD's). We mostly understood each other and he clearly knows that I am returning on April 30th. He is going back to Rio for Carnival, then back to the "midwest" until I return.

Big Daddy

Archived