THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

A few questions about Sao Paulo...

Guest cigarboyee
This topic is 7525 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest cigarboyee

I am headed there in late March, and would like to know:

(1) your opinions regarding the best hotel. I've heard good things about the Hyatt and the Hilton.

(2) Is smoking allowed at Lagoa sauna?

(3) your opinions regarding TAM Brazilian airlines. I can get a business class seat for 90,000 American Airlines miles. Or should I just buy a coach ticket? (AA has no business class seats available for mileage purchase on their own flights to SP).

Thanks.

Hotels: PLEASE read the FAQ and use the search function within the message center for keywords like "São Paulo hotels." The topic has been done fairly well to death! ;-) Your biggest consideration is going to be location. SP is HUGE and not all areas are easy to get to/from. If you're thinking about the new Hilton, for example, DON'T! Unless you are going to be doing business in that area, and even then I wouldn't recommend staying there if you plan to play at night. Stay downtown or around Av. Paulista, where there's metro service.

Smoking: Smoking is permitted at Lagoa.

TAM: It's a fine airline. Service in their business class should be very good indeed.

IMHO, Emiliano and Fasano are 2 of the best hotels in SP. I just stayed at the Emiliano and it was superior in everyway. The Fasano is new and looks very nice. Both are luxury boutique hotels in the R. Oscar Friere area (SP's version of Rodeo Drive). http://www.emiliano.com.br and http://www.fasano.com.br.

I've flown TAM a number of times and have always been satisfied.

Archived