THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio News and Pics

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7530 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

I got back last Tuesday from my 8th trip to Rio and before I got to post much about it, the board went down. This was a short 4 day trip, as I was using up a international upgrade award that was going to expire in Feb. The only days I could get away in Jan. were at the end and then only for a long weekend. Was it worth it??? L.A. to Rio, 15 hr flight, for only 4 days?? YOU BET! For several reasons.

I have mentioned this in the past, one of the unexpected benefits of this board has been the forming of some very close friendships. Gulliver, Jake, Robbguy, Fl.Robb have all become good friends who talk to each other weekly and visit often(at least I do with my frequent flying for business). Plus the other guys who I have met through the board that live in L.A., Jackhammer, Funseeker22, JamesK640, BigGuyPasadena and one of my favorite guys who is a lot of fun to be with "Big Daddy"! With Gulliver and Jake in Rio as the same time as me and with Lucky and his BF down there, it was a great group to hang and socialize with. The midnight get togethers at Corujinhas' are as much fun as being in the saunas(without the sex part!lol) This trip there were at least 25 to 35 guys every night on the sidewalk or across the street from the restaurant. Since I have gotten to know most of them over the last 2 years.....ok, all of them! lol It is a very friendly social atmosphere, not to be missed.

This trip I went to 117, Estacao and Pointe only, due to the short time I was there. On friday, Saturday and Sunday nights I went first to 117 from 4:30 to about 7:00 and then to either Point or Estacao and on Sunday to all three. I do like all three saunas for different reasons, not the least of which, the majority of guys stay at a particular sauna, they don't usually work at several, so if you have a favorite you usually have to go to that sauna to see him. There are some exceptions, especially between the guys at point and 202. For example, if you wanted to see the guy we refer to as "JFK,Jr." he only goes to Estacao, Anderson only goes to 117, etc.

Rogers is supposed to be opening any day. Several of the guys who used to work there have been inside and said it is "beautiful"! and they are going to go back to working there when it opens(Juan Carlos, Apollo,Tio)

For those of you who had previously had access to my ofoto album on line, i have added some pics from this trip and included the pics of the guys who are currently working there, who have been in Inches and Honcho magazines this past year and I have scanned those mag. pic in. all three of them were working in the suanas this past week.

Just log in and you can view them. If you havent' had access before, don't ask me! not to be rude, but I am not going to type dozens of email addresses into ofoto again, which is what you have to do to give access. Unless, Jackhammer is willing to post them on his site..., as I can't post pics on here!

I am going back in 7 weeks and I am looking forward to it as much as the first trip!

I agree with Tomcal. I was only there for a long weekend (left NYC Thurs nite and left Rio Sun nite) and had a blast inbetween meetings re: new house. I think that there are a core group of us 12 to 20 who enjoy going at the same time or overlapping our visits. TOmcal and I spoke about organizing a calendar where the RIO REGULARS could post their travel dates to facilitate others planning their trips.

What do you others think?

I think we need to start a yahoo group where we all can go and post our dates or some other internet site which is easy to use. If any one has any recommendations as to how to start this - please post and we will start a group calendar. Maybe we might think about posting our brazil, home, cell phone numbers so we all have a directory.

ANY IDEAS???

Unfortunately after 2300 hits in the first hour from parts of Rio typing in TomCalHO next visit, Yahoo declined to host the group on the grounds it could not handle that much traffic.

Apparently if we agree to reform the group without Tom the traffic will be much reduced.

Tom- welcome back to Calif. and to writing about your most recent travels to Rio. When you wrote "LA to Rio- 15hr fl., for only 4 days??" A huge smile spread across the face; there was warm tingling in my stomach, too! I'm still smiling as I write this!

People go through great, great lengths when there is something worth having/experiencing!:-) :-)

TomCal-Ho... WHAT?!?! I think you forgot to mention MY name as one of your LA buds. True, I haven't seen you much since Rio last year, but I did bump you to the front of the line at Weho's hottest bar with my VIP status! Bitch... then you disappeared in the bar!!

Anyway, I LOVE how you haven't changed. I'm trying to convince some of my circuit buds to go down to Rio now that Jeffrey Sanker is promoting huge circuit parties down there. Maybe we could catch up down there and party... but probably no saunas for me... they weren't my thing. The boys were hot, but some of those clients! Like that old man with the bodyguard! I think he was on life support.

I'm glad that your favorite restaurant (the one that I MADE you go to, but later regretted) is still there. I can't believe you guys still call that place "Jabba's place". I remember using that term over a year ago. Does he still go there??

Anyway, TomCal... email me. When are you going again? I have a group of about 6 young party boys wanting to go with me on my next trip... hear the "partying" is out of this world. XOXO

Archived