THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN RIO

trilingual
This topic is 7549 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It was bound to happen, considering its growth and distance from the rest of town: a sauna with boys has opened in Barra da Tijuca (actually Jacarepaguá, which is the inland part of Barra, away from the beach). Details in http://www.netgay.com.br It's called Tower Thermas, or something like that. It's a big house with a swimming pool, churrasco, etc. Probably not worth a special trip, but if you're going to be staying in Barra on business, or spending the day shopping there, it's something to keep in mind.

Roger's re-opening was postponed (renovations and remodeling have unexpected delays in Brazil, like everywhere else). Latest target date: January 20th, or so. Keep checking Negay for info!

Guest Deweywop

Trilingual,

As our "boots on the ground," please sample this new sauna w/ boys if you have the chance and let us know. In my experience, out of the way places can produce real gems. And when you're addressing folks like me who have gone on 1000-mile nookie runs, taking the extra ride out to Barra is no problem if the secret pleasures are even remotely thrilling.

Tri - When I looked at netgay, it said that the address was "RioCentro Jacarepagua" Of course I have no real idea what this implies, but the other Centro addresses are downtown, and like others, I'm hot to try something new. Youth wants to know! (and me too) In spite of the hot BF, you've got to get into a cab and check the place out! or at least get Carlo do to it since I think he lives in Barra. SF Traveler

Tri - When I looked at netgay, it said that the address was "RioCentro Jacarepagua" Of course I have no real idea what this implies, but the other Centro addresses are downtown, and like others, I'm hot to try something new. Youth wants to know! (and me too) In spite of the hot BF, you've got to get into a cab and check the place out! or at least get Carlo do to it since I think he lives in Barra. SF Traveler

Tri,

I remeber spending a wonderful day in Barra and the surrounding area.

That was my next to last day in Brazil and I spent it with Alex and David the taxi driver. David drove us all over including some incredibly beautiful out of the way beaches south of Barra. Of course we also stopped at the New York Mall and had dinner before heading back to RIO. It was fun standing in the mall after dinner and watching all of the hot guys headed for the gym located inside the mall. You can get whiplash in the neck from doing that.

They also have an amusement park there with rides, but I am not sure of the hours.

I can imagine that a gay sauna was about the only thing missing during that great day. Can't wait to visit it during my next trip.

:p

Tri,

I remeber spending a wonderful day in Barra and the surrounding area.

That was my next to last day in Brazil and I spent it with Alex and David the taxi driver. David drove us all over including some incredibly beautiful out of the way beaches south of Barra. Of course we also stopped at the New York Mall and had dinner before heading back to RIO. It was fun standing in the mall after dinner and watching all of the hot guys headed for the gym located inside the mall. You can get whiplash in the neck from doing that.

They also have an amusement park there with rides, but I am not sure of the hours.

I can imagine that a gay sauna was about the only thing missing during that great day. Can't wait to visit it during my next trip.

:p

The new sauna must be near RioCentro, the city's big convention center, which is indeed located in Jacarepaguá, and not downtown (the original Centro). Considering Barra's size and wealth, it was only a matter of time before a new sauna opened there, because it's a schlepp for those who live there to get to Copacabana or the inner city.

I haven't been, myself, so we'll have to wait for a first-hand report. Maybe Carlo would be willing to go check it out, because he lives out in Barra. Of course, he now has a serious boyfriend, but he might be willing to do some research strictly for professional reasons.

Barra itself is "upscale" in the sense that it's newer and more consistently middle-class than Copacabana. With the exception that Barra has a backdrop of mountains, it looks and feels very much like Miami, which is exactly what attracts so many middle and upper-middle-class Brazilians to the area. Miles of high-rise apartments, gated communities, and South Florida style shopping malls. Without a car you're dead, just like in South Florida! ;) There are now a few deluxe hotels catering to the business crowd (there is now quite a bit of business in Barra, plus the convention center) and a couple of gay bars. Check it out sometime if this sounds like your scene!

Hi Trilingual,

can see you´re alive and well in KC. Here still some rain but today the sun was carioca again.

You´re right, Barra is the " new rich " heaven. They think they´re in Miami. I dont like the place because it has no corners and for just about anything you may want you need to take your car and go to a shopping mall. Sort of boring. Anyway, this new club, whatever it is, belongs to a guy called Marco Aurélio or Xana, who owns an agency also called Tower (boys) http://www.netgay.com.br . I know he has been doing quite well and decided to open this place between Barra and Jacarepaguá, close to RioCentro. If I hear anything I will report.

Tri, I know you´re heart is here and it wont be very long now. Have a nice trip back.

Felipe

Archived