THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rantings of a Riomaniac

Big Daddy
This topic is 7564 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am returning to Rio the fourth week in April and I will be there for 3 weeks. While not a "seasoned" Rio vet, I definitely feel like I know my way around. Before my first trip, I was very anxious as to what to expect. Even though I had read every word on Brazil published on the board, I still had some aprehension. Thanks to this board, I made the plunge and spent perhaps the two most memorable weeks that any gay man can experience. It is virtually impossible to describe the liberating effect that Brazil had on me.

I would have planned on returning sooner except that I promised my good buddy George that I would wait until he could go. He works in the hotel industry and snowbird season is not over here in Phoenix until mid April. If any of you are contemplating going while I will be there, I will be more than happy to share my experience with you and help you navigate the scene.

While I am very excited about returning to Brazil and yes, seeing Wan Hallen again, I already wondering how I will deal with having to return to Arizona. When I left Rio in November, it was one of the saddest days of my life. It was as if something had died in me. Wan Hallen wanted to go to the airport with me, but I just could not deal with saying good bye again. I cried because Wan Hallen was not just a piece of ass, but was a friend. Wan Hallen cried not just because I was a walking ATM, but because I was his friend. I am literally counting the days until I climb back on board Continental Flight 93, departing Houston at 8:10 PM, with one stop service to Rio. I truly dread the thought of leaving again.

I have talked with Wan Hallen several times on the phone, but it is very difficult. I do understand when he tells me that I am muito muito especial, and that he loves me. Thanks to my good friend John from Virginia, whom I met while in Rio, I am learning Brazilian Portuguese. He has loaned me his complete Primsleur CD set and I have started on it with a vengence. With a Spanish background, and what little I picked up while in Rio, I am confident that by the time I return, I will be able to speak quite well. While I did get along very well without any basic Portuguese, I know that my experience will be greatly enhanced if I can speak with just more than my heart. The reality is that even if you only speak Navajo, you will have a great time in Brazil.

The primary motivation for me to learn Poruguese is so that I can communicate on a higher level with Wan Hallen. The bond that developed between us went well beyond sex. Looking back, I have always had ample access to sex. I never did attempt to be straight in my youth, so really did not miss out much in terms of fucking my way through life. The intial attraction to Brazil was the tales of incredible and beautiful men, in an environment that sounded like Shangri La. I had seen Wan Hallen at Jabba's my first night and admittedly, my first thoughts were what a hot guy he was and how fantastic he would be naked (which he is). Being so new in town, I returned to the Atlantico alone (for the last time I might add) It was my second night in Rio that the magical spell that Rio casts over unsuspecting gringo tourists, enveloped me. That is of course when I connected with Wan Hallen. He was just so damn nice and so fucking hot.

Wan Hallen was with me more or less all the time that I was in Rio, outside of my mandatory duty at the saunas. He had no problem with my fucking other guys, as long as I came "home" to him. While I truly could not keep up with buddy Tom from LA or even John from Houston, if I had been more on my own and not falling in love with Wan Hallen, I could have given them a much stiffer fight for the title of biggest gringo slut in Rio. As I think about it however, I could not keep up with Stanley from LA either. There must be something in the LA water that makes Los Angelino's so damn horney. Beleive me, the LA contingent was especially active.

I meet so many new good friends in Brazil, and I hope each and every one of you had a great Holiday. My New Year's resolution is to build upon the joy that I experienced in Brazil and to continue to make it a part of my life.

PS. I could care less if the Brazilians fingerprint me and take my photo. Bank of America does the same thing to thousands of people every day. Just so that don't tell me that I can't go, because we make it so difficult for a Brazilian to enter the United States.

Big Daddy

What great news, BD - now you'll have the best motivation of all to learn your Portuguese! You might ask some others here (I don't really know the answer, so I'm asking for myself, too) about bringing a small laptop with you so that you and your friend can continue communicating by email. I've heard you have to say it's yours when entering, and then leave it with VW - but do they actually check out the computer or do they just go my one's sayso?

Thanks,

Guest Tomcal_

I have brought my laptop on each trip. I have a English - Portuguese translation program on it and when I am in the room with a guy, I thought it would be great, but usually the guys in Rio don't know how to type, so it's the "hunt and Peck" method and takes forever(or at least it seems that way when you are waiting to start rolling around on the bed!)for them to type a sentence. But on several occasions it has been usuful in "talking" to the boys.

You DO NOT have to declare your laptop going in and out of Brazil. You take it out of it's case to go through Xray just like you do here in the states, that's it.

Archived