THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Dominican Republic...

ohgwm226
This topic is 7572 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am contemplating going to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic in February.

I heard about "Duque de Wellington Hotel". Is it a gay, or just gay friendly hotel? is it in a safe area? Can you bring a boy to your room? Where can you find boys (Adult boys)?, and what is the going rate?

Is Boca Chica a place to stay in, or just to visit, if at all?

I would appreciate any helpful advice or info.

OHGWM226

Duque de Wellington is a gay hotel. It is safe, there is a safe available in your room, the bois are often available in the small hotel lobby and in front of the hotel. The bois leave their ID at the front desk. The Conde is within walking distance, but you will see many of the same bois at the hotel as well as the clubs. Some of the best hung men in all the world are in Haiti and the DR. Prices for the hotel and the bois are very inexpensive. Enjoy :+

Guest LatinoRican

Hi! I live in Puerto Rico and go to Santo Domingo at least 6 or 7 times a year. After all, it's only a 40 minute flight away. Duque

de Wellington Hotel is a good place to stay. I have been a client

for years and have always enjoyed staying there. It is not an exclusively gay hotel, but much of its clientele is. The hotel is

run by the owner, Emilio, and his significant other who are usually

on premises. If you invite someone to your room, he will have to

leave his ID (cedula) at the front desk and fill out a form which

you need to sign. They will add 100 pesos ($3.00) for each "guest"

you take to your room to your final tab. Recently, they have been

working on a new patio area with bar that will be an added amenity

for those staying there. Their website is http://www.hotelduque.8k.com

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you all for your helpful responses. As I was searching the net I cam across this new gay hotel in Santo Domingo :Casa de Monaga Their website is: http://casademonaga.tripod.com It is very close to El Conde. Any one tried it? Is it worth trying? Or should I stick to the well established Duque de Wellington Hotel http://www.hotelduque.com/ingles.htm?

I am eager to have some of those hot Dominican in my bed in either hotel...

OHGWM226

I have stayed at Casa De Monaga, and it is a really lovely and charming guest house. It is managed by a very good friend of mine, and he has taken great strides at insuring that all are welcome and feel welcomed. It is a gay guesthouse, and you can certainly have guests. It is always advisable to have your guest leave their cedula (ID) with reception.

As for Boca Chica, it is a beautiful post-card beach. It is about a 30 minute drive from the city of Santo Domingo. You can easily hire a driver for a day trip. Also, Casa De Monaga has their own bi-lingual driver who could take care of all your ground transportation needs. See their official website at http://www.monaga.com/ for details.

Guest LatinoRican

Decisions, decisions... Casa de Monagas is within walking distance

of the Colonial Zone where the bars/boys are. Duque de Wellington

is farther away and you would probably need to get there by car,

especially coming back late at night. Why don't you book a room

for a day at one place and then go and check out the other?

I'm sure that they will be glad to show you the rooms and premises

at both places. There is no law that prohibits you from changing

hotels.

Guest LatinoRican

The basic rate at present is 700 to 800 pesos ($22-23.00)and will

probably be the same when you go to Santo Domingo. Should you

meet a guy that you like and want to take him to your room, establish

how much he expects $$$ from you before you leave the bar. This has

always worked for me. Do not take a guy from any of the bars without first settling this issue. Maybe you should also discuss if he will

stay until morning or leave after the deed is done. It is my

experience that most will leave to sleep in their own beds. Besides, after all is said and done, you may not feel comfortable trying to sleep with some strange person next to you. If you should want to

give something extra $$$, then that is up to you. Merry Christmas!

Archived