THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Roger's

ohgwm226
This topic is 7613 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just returned from a short trip to Rio. I got there after the M4Mer party, so I missed it, and missed meeting any one of you except for Jackhammer, whom I met incidentally, passingly at Incontrus. I recognized him through his company, Alexandro, whose picture he had posted.

While in Rio, some of the boys told me that Roger's is scheduled to re-open in late December, or early January after reconstruction and upgardes.

One other observation. I stayed in Atlantico Copacabana in May 2003. At that time the fast speed internet connection in each room was free. Now it cost $15 Reaiis an hour (25 cents a minute), and it did not work most of the time due to Network failure at the provider level. This rate is higher than what I payed recently at the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia (About $10 a day).

True, from what I heard from boys who plan on returning to their original home base.Both Pointe 202 and Rogers are a block(street) away so very convenient for visitors. Plus 3 blocks form the easiest convenient hotel , Atlantico.

Internet charge at Atlantico was R$25 per minute which was about.09 US$ per minute.You can`t afford to be doing a lot of online shopping however the last Mediterranean cruise I was on two months was charging .75US per minute.

Funny you should recognise Alex from his posted M4M photos and then recognised the Big "J" and his Lil`Buddy. Rumor has it that Alex was gogo dancing the next night at Le Boy and Jackhammer was doing his own "dance thing" on the next elevated platform at the same location.

Ah Rio -Many Memorable Memories.

A:-)

>While in Rio, some of the boys told me that Roger's is

>scheduled to re-open in late December, or early January after

>reconstruction and upgardes.

I'm glad to hear that. I have a fondness for Roger's. I like the smallness-more attention from the boys. And the old building is charming. It did feel like a fire trap, though.

Dick

In looking back at my two stints at Roger's-- I, too, have concluded that I liked it as well as the guys. The majority of the guys would let you alone if you happened to say "noa" to them! They were not persistent as I saw during my last visit to Rio and to Club 117, Pointe 202, and Estacao's.

A little bird told others and me that Roger's (the new one) will have mostly or all 'straight' men in the new place; I can't justify this; it was only a "little bird" told me so...

The boys are all "straight" much of the time however many will turn the other cheek(s) behind closed doors. Nothing is admitted outside the door.

I thought one of my faves was totally straight and then found out later that he had been submissive with two from our group.

Ah Well !! Next Time there are No Holds Barred.

RE: Best Internet and Intl Call Rates

The best internet rates in the Atlantico neighborhood are one block down, same side of the street, near the corner of Barata Rubeiro. There's an indoor mini-mall with an internet cafe in the lobby. An even better rate is in the upstairs of a small "lanches" shop on the front of this same mall with a back door into the mall. Also has the cheapest fax and copy rates in the area. Internet is up the spiral staircase. Owner speaks english, very good access and equipment in a small space. Rates are about R$4.00 PER HOUR (U.S. $1.50 or so).

While I'm at it, the cheapest international call rates are around the opposite corner on Barata Rubeiro (but their internet rates are much higher).

Archived