THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Back in Phoenix

Big Daddy
This topic is 7617 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I left Phoenix on Oct 22nd, it was 100 degrees out and there were pumpkins and goblens eveywhere. When I returned on Saturday (Nov 8th) it was 68 for the high and all the stores are decorated for Christmas. My time in Rio was like a magical interlude. For me, time stood still in Rio, while grandly marching on everywhere else.

After about 18 hours traveling, via Houston and Sao Paulo, I arrived in Rio about noon. Customs and immigration went very quickly, and shared a cab to the Atlantico with Msclony. I found the Atlantico to meet all my needs and was very satisfied. The staff was beyond friendly. The only criticizm that I heard was that messages at times were not relayed by the front desk. My suite, which included a dry sauna and a jacuzzi bath was great. The TV's worked and included a very large number of cable selections, including many in English. I got to watch a Food channel show with Bobby Flay and Chocolate for example. I really did not spend much time on TV, other than BBC news.

My first afternoon we ventured to Pointe 202 and I got my first taste of a Brazilian sauna. I was kind of nervous, not knowing the lay of the land. I soon met Carlos, who while Brazilian, was raised in Miami and spoke perfect Florida English. He showed me around and let me know how things worked. It was basically what I had already read from the many posts here. I ended up going with Carlos up to a cabine and had a great time. By the end of the evening, had gone with two others. It is hard to imagine 50 hot men. basically naked, all not only willing but wanting to take you to new heights of sex and more sex. I soon learned that Brazilians have a COMPLETELY different attitude toward sex, especially gay sex. At first, I was a bit shy because of my weight. The Brazilians could care less. They look far beyond outward appearance, and as one really nice guy put, "we look at the heart first".

The first night (and most there after)went to Corojiha's or bettter known as Jabba's or the Yellow Awnings. Our group of gringos had comandeered several tables and had a great time. It was that first night that I saw Wan Hallen, kind of mingling with the gringos, but looking a bit out of place. I had thought about approaching him, but the group wasleaving and so I returned to the Atlantico alone (actually my only night alone).

The next day we went to Estacao (it is located across the street from a metro station)and there was Wan Hallen. In speaking with him, he remembered me from the night before. He is from the interior of Brazil, or as SFTraveler put it, from the "midwest" of Brazil. His father was Dutch, thus the name. We went upstairs and for the first time in years, I felt like a schoolboy with his first love. Wan Hallen asked if he could meet me at Jabba's that night, and I almost fell over saying yes.

The gringo scene at Jabba's generally started around 11:30 and lasted until about 2 in the morning. There were many of the sauna boys there each night, along with a whole army of guys who worked the area around Jabba's. Some of these were very interesting, but I heeded all the warnings about staying with the sauna boys. I got there about 11:15 and right at 11:30 Wan Hallen showed up. He came right up to me and gave me a great kiss and seemed really happy to see me. I tried to buy him dinner, but he had already eaten at home (he lived with several other guys in a shared apartment close by). He did not drink alcohol (most of the Brazilian boys did not like alcohol)so he drank orange Sucos (juice). Have to admit, ordering food at Jabba's was an experience in itself. Until the end and I was more experienced at ordering, it seems I always got something a bit different from what I expected. About 2 AM, I asked Wan Hallen if he wanted to return to the hotel with me.

The first night with Wan Hallen was like being in heaven. He did not ask for money, but hey, I know the scene. I gave him R200 which was double the going rate, but he made me so happy that all I wanted to do was to make him happy too. Wan Hallen stayed with me the entire time I was in Rio. Yes he gave me time to go to the saunas and parties with the gringos. He did have a life and his own place. The important thing is that we meet every night and were together. In fact, the gringos started calling him "Little Daddy". He never did go back to the saunas to work, and returned home to his mother the sameday that I left. Leaving him in Brazil was one of the toughest things I have had to do. We both cried.

When Wan Hallen was leaving my room that first morning, Maria, the very vocal and friendly maid saw him. She turned to me and smiled only like the Brazilians can, and gave me two big thumbs up. The whole staff knew that we were gay and having the times of ours lives. They did everything possible to make the experience even better, by not having any attitude at all, and I mean none.

Adriano is a friend and roommate of Wan Hallen who started coming to Jabba's with him. I introduced him to Louisana (not his real name) and they hit it off. We spent many days seeing the sights and sounds of Rio and environs. Adriano's father is a high ranking Federal police official. I mention this to again emphasize that the sauna boys are mostly quite middle class and not forced into sex slavery. Breno, one of Tomcals favorites drives a new Chevy SUV. The guys work the saunas because they make much more money, doing something that is accepted in Brazil. Wan Hallen's mother knows that he is gay and does not have a problem with his life style. One night he called home and introduced me to his mother.

I do not want to make this post so long that no one will read it, so will close for now. I will post my experiences with Wan Hallen, Adriano and LA, and the parties and sauna goings on.

Big Daddy

Guest fukamarine

>The first night with Wan Hallen was like being in heaven. He

>did not ask for money, but hey, I know the scene. I gave him

>R200 which was double the going rate, but he made me so happy

>that all I wanted to do was to make him happy too.

Good for you! Guess you don't give a shit about spoiling it for everyone else (including the locals) by overpaying. Typical American abroad attitude. Keep it up and pretty soon they will be expecting New York prices.

fukamarine

Had a great time with Bigdaddy, Garoto and the rest of the guys,

IF I overpaid as well, very sorry, but the garotos were great. I was told by all it was 50R at the therma, 100R for 12 hours and 200R for a full 24 hour period. Hardly New York pricing fukamarine.

Hey Big Daddy,

Was great to finally meet you.

Let me take this opportunity on your thread to shout out to other M4Mers that I met to get in touch as I seem to have lost some slips of paper in packing and would like to keep in touch. (Alaska, do you hear?)

BD, Glad you had the experience of being with Jr. for your entire stay. As you know, I also enjoyed the compnay of a constant companion. It made my trip very special as well.

Hope we get a chance to meet up again sometime. Phoenix is not that far from L.A.

BigDaddy- it was great meeting you and being in the company of Wan Hallen, Adriano, Louisiana, the guy from the small town in Michigan and is Brazilian friend. ...glad u made it back safely and that you will write about your experiences... I did see some semblance of solidarity and caring amongst the "gringos" who made this trip!

Archived