THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Thanks again Tri

Big Daddy
This topic is 7648 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello Tri:

I wanted to again thank you for all the information and yes inspiration, about Brazil and in particular Rio. I will be arriving in Rio on Thursday the 23rd, and will be staying at the Atlantico. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I can be a very good "gopher". For example, would love to go with Carlo to pick up the drinks. Without your presence on the list, I would have never made the decision to go, even though I have wanted to travel to South America and Brazil for years. I am a very inexperienced traveler. Other than going to Mexico (being from Arizona and part Mexican, this was never much of a big deal for me)my only foray into a "foreign" country were my trips to Montreal(fun) and Vancouver(way fun). I have my passport, visa, plane ticket and hotel reservation, and am set to go. I have of course read almost every thread written about Brazil since your first post, and almost feel like I know what I am doing. It is very comforting knowing that there will be a bunch of "friends" there that I can count on to lead me in the right direction. I will be in Rio until Nov 3rd and want to see as much as possible, including but not limited to the boys and the saunas. I would love to tag along with any of you who are planning to do other things, if you do not mind gringo company. I speak & understand basic Spanish and am working on the very, very basics of Portuguese. (Important words like suck, fuck and so on). I am looking forward to arriving in Rio, and meeting the guys whose posts I have been reading for what now seems like years.

Big Daddy

I know there are going be other M4Mers at the party in Rio who don't plan to spend 100% of their time in the steamy confines of the saunas and will welcome company exploring the city. There's a lot to see and do!

In case you're worried: Friends from Berlin came to stay with me in Rio for three weeks back in June. It was their first time in Brazil and they were a bit apprehensive that there wouldn't be enough to keep them interested. At the end of their visit, after quite a bit of Rio sightseeing, plenty of beach and sauna time, and a couple of side excursions to Parati, Petropolis, Iguaçu Falls and Curitiba, they left utterly satisfied and realizing that there were still tons of things they hadn't had a chance to do yet, so they won't be bored on their next trip!

Your background and ability to speak some Spanish will also make the trip more meaningful because you'll find things that are amazingly familiar and yet at the same time very different from Mexico, and it's fascinating to compare and contrast! But you'll also be better able to communicate with the Brazilians you meet, and that's the best part of a trip to Brazil, because the real magic of the country is the people themselves. Prepare to be enchanted! :D

Thanks to Tri and the other party organizers, indeed!

I am very grateful for all the work you guys have done (and are still doing) to pull the soirée together. I’m looking forward to a wonderful time and want to help in any way I can as soon as I arrive.

Thank you very much!

Archived