THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Pointe 202 Party Friday 10/24 Questions?

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7661 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I received an email today from the guy at 202, he wanted to know how many guys would be coming and what kind of food to order, etc.

Question, I originally just wanted him to make sure there were at least 30+boys there, with a few brought in for the nite from Sao Paulo, since this is their "quiet nite", and kind of give us the run of the place, be able to use the micro/stage area for any games/acceptance speeches, etc. lol. I had told him we would probably assemble there around 7:00, do you guys want me to tell him to have food available and find out a cost, I think he is looking at a all in one fee for admission/food. I don't usually eat there, since I am saving myself for the midnight feast at Corujinhas', but if the majority of guys think they would, let me know here. For those of you who havent' been there, they have a full bar area and packaged sandwiches, he is talking about bringing some regular type food in for this. I told him to expect about 20 of us, as I know there are several that are not going to be there until after the 24th.

also, on party nights there they usually have a drag queen, a strip show and a big dick contest with the boys, Do you guys want that?? let me know!

Hate to be non-commital, but I am not sure. How's that? I mean, it'll be my first time at a sauna, I dunno if I'll be hungry ( for food I mean...I imagine I will) and if all I do is sit for four hours (meaning all the "boys" are busy with Tomcal) I may want something else to do. The contests sound like a good idea. I leave it to the professionals to decide these issues.

:+

I havent' gotten anyone's hope up! I am not promising anything to either the owners or to the M4M's. Trying to organize this is like trying to herd cats! Everyone got an opinion, but very few willing to expend the energy to help. Oh, and based on emails I am receiving, from guys who are not posting on here but privately email me, everyone seems to be critical of any idea expressed, they don't want food, they do want food, but only if it's this kind of food, they don't want a big dick contest(as if anyone gets tired of seeing that), they do want a big dick contest, they don't want drag queens there, they do want drag queens there, they only want certain type boys, etc.etc.etc., I have decided to cancel the Friday party at 202, way too much time, phone calls and too much negativity for me. I originally thought this would be great for the first weekend we are all there in Rio and especially for the first timers! Obviously I or several of the regulars don't need the party or the sauna to do our thing, but thought this would provide a great way for everyone to meet in an enviroment that would be fun and set up just for us! Boy was I wrong!! I probably should have just planned it and not asked for input...This experiance is also giving me serious second thoughts about the Monday night hotel party...

Well, there ARE organizers in the sense that a handful of us have taken the responsibility for pulling something together. Tomcal, I haven't seen the e-mails you've gotten, so I can't speak to them, but as for "cancelling" the event on Friday the 24th, it seems to me it'll happen anyway, since people are going to be in town and the sauna will be open. However, I don't think we need to go crazy over it. The sauna owners know how to throw a party; just tell them that there will be at least 20 of us there (if you actually think it will be that many) and that it's up to Junior & Co. to decide if they want to bring in some extra food, entertainment, etc., as well as whether they want to make it an exclusive event or keep the place open to the public, too. I don't know that they intend to charge extra for food; they often throw "birthday parties" and other things, with free special food or cake or such, to keep the clients entertained and happy.

I think you're right that it's a mistake to ask what people want when it's getting to be a crowd this large, and organizing anything with gay guys IS like herding cats!!! Besides, in a sense it's YOUR party (since you're the one who knows the sauna owners and it was your idea to take advantage of the otherwise slack night at 202) so it's your call about what's going to be at the party. If you want entertainment, or food, or whatever, just tell your friends at Point 202 what you want, and people can show up Friday night at 7:00 and if they have a good time that's great and if they don't they know where else they can go! }( It's not like they have to stay there if they're not enjoying themselves, when Estação is just down the street and 117 is a metro hop away.

Honestly, let's not sweat it! We're all going to Rio to have a good time, and we will! :9

Archived