THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Party Invitations

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7663 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I made the invitations today, Using Tri's wording and Jaunty's copy(less the image of the almost naked guy!!lol)went to Kinkos. Nothing fancy, just kinda of a Red with black print, on thick paper stock(almost like construction paper) approx. 4" X 6". I made up 60, 2 for each M4M

Those of you who I know I can send to you in the mail ahead of time, for the rest, I will pass them out on Friday afternoon, Oct. 24th, so that you will have them to take to the saunas with you on Fri/Sat/Sun to pass out to your intended(s)!! P.S. Jackhammer and Funseeker22, I will bring yours tonight to dinner

I am not so sure it is such a good idea to let tomcal alone with the invites for 2 hours much less over a month!!!

I also have apprehensions about allowing tomcal to the party, after having read what LAshowbiz has to say! I think it would be a wise policy to have a no tomcal zone. Not only would this prevent tomcal from preying on the boys...the parents, sisters, brothers, not to mention children of the boys would not face the terror of knowing their loved ones are being converted to the dark side by him!!! I am not absolutely sure but I bet frigate birds have no respect for their friends when they pounce on their prey. I think most of us would prefer it if the boys could walk...on the other hand we probably wouldnot have to run very fast to catch them either!!

Given his reputation, I am still in favor of charging him by the boy!

Seriously Tomcal, you are very nice to print up the invites, and for your part in organizing the party, and talking with Junior and his partner.

Although I can't refrain from a little teasing since you are such a good sport about it all. So thanks for the invites, your stories, and your ideas.

:) ;) Jolson

Thanks, Tomcal, for printing up the invitations!

Please remember, guys, that if you've already invited someone (Iike via e-mail or phone) that you've already used up your quota! This isn't two MORE invitations on top of the ones you've already issued. ;) Otherwise, we'll end up with a couple of hundred guys there, and instead of fighting over who gets whom, we'll be fighting over scraps of churrasco because there won't be enough to go around! :7

Anyway, things look like they're shaping up, and I'm starting to get excited about returning to Rio in less than a month, especially with a new apartment and all the festivities to look forward to!

RE: Party Favors

In the modest proposal thread I suggested that over the weekend when we arrive we get together to pool the stuff we brought for the boys and maybe spend some time on Monday putting together bags so that the boys all get something and nobody gets TOO much! In case you haven't read that thread, if one of you would like to get in touch with Axiom, who is bringing some bags, and arrange to bring some also, we should be in good shape. We probably need 60 - 80 to be safe.

One party favor that has been popular is cologne. Brazilians love the stuff (and I'm SO glad they do, considering the hot, sweaty climate much of the year!). SF Traveler is bringing a box or two of those little miniatures of men's colognes they sell at the duty free shops (and often onboard the plane, too). If ten of us each brings one of those sets (they usually have six small bottles) we'll have enough for a bottle in each bag. So if you see the colognes (like a Calvin Klein sampler, or one with some European brands) and feel like doing that, we can be sure that each guy will at least end up with a T-shirt, a bottle of cologne, and a few other goodies. Given the size of this crowd not all of them are going to hook up, so it would be nice if everyone had something to go home with that they can show off to their friends. Word-of-mouth about M4M is SO important, and so far it all seems to have been good, so let's keep it going!

BTW, I worked up a design for the T-shirts that I shared with the other co-conspirators and e-mailed to Carlo to see about having them made up. They'll be very tasteful and somewhat cryptic and you'll be able to wear them to the supermarket long after this trip is over and let people wonder what it's all about! }(

Jolson, I love the teasing, I can take it!! Actually I would feel not loved if no one said anything!! LOL I promise that for the first hour of the party it will be a "Tomcal Free Zone" I won't grab any boys and haul them off....ok, I'am lying, I can't promise that!! I have good intentions, but I get very weak when I see a hot Rio boy!!

Plus I am bring my friend who many of the fellow Rio M4M's know and he is as big if not bigger slut then me and we are sharing a room/bed again, so I can't let him "out do" me!! So if he gets to the party and takes two boys back to the room(which happened last time) then I will have to take at least two back, and so on....but I will guarantee, the everyone will have a great time!!!

Tomcal:

I am sure you just need a social sect. to keep up with your appointments. I will appoint myself, my rate will be in $R. I will check the boys you selected to make sure they are all ok. This way I can make sure they are fresh to see you, of course I make no guarantees they will stay that way!! :-) :)

Your friend Jolson:D

Archived