THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio Airfare - Best Yet

Guest Jake
This topic is 7673 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I decided to try out Priceline for the first time last week for my trip to Rio next week Tampa/Miami/Rio and return. Made a bid of $350 wondering if it would be accepted or if I'd get a multi-stop route. Guess what? Immediate acceptance by American AND ON MY REGULAR FLIGHTS, REGULAR TIMES! These are the same flights that I regularly book as cheapest fare available (always after checking the Brazil tour guys first) at $633 round trip. Think I'm going to try it at $300 for my October expedition (when I hope to stay for three-to-five weeks for the first time - MAYBE in the new casa).

Guest msclonly

Great price

You can't fly across the US for that price!

I paid four times that for the privelage of upgrading with miles.

Have Fun!

:9 :* :p

RE: Great price

Great price on that trip Jake.I have been hessitant to book flights through P/L because of the "blind site"factor.I have so little time during my vacations that I have to consider flight schedules.

Also,you do not get miles with flights booked through P/L so I wuld tend to use a partner of one of my milage cards to rio(Varig or contenintal)

Hey Guys -

The taxes on my $350 airfare were the usual $90-something - but the total was still almost $300 cheaper than my normal "lowest fare". Curiously, although Priceline says you don't get FF miles, when I called American miles desk they denied me upgrade because of Priceline designation but gave me miles - and then (because I have "gold" status) opened up emergency row seating and gave me an aisle. Almost as good as business class when you factor the extra American legroom (continuing on the Brazil routes) with the added emergency row room. All in all, I'm delighted. I'm going to try it again a little lower for my October trip and will post the results. You can do a LOT of damage in Rio with an extra $300 - but who's counting?

Jake, as I have said before, "you are my hero!!" (now will you give me the Tel.# of the blond guy we had dinner with at Corujinhas!??)

Looking forward to seeing you in October!

Hey Tom -

Can you say DaahVig'(David)? Telephone 8114 849???????. Now, you can either try ten digits internationally or I'll give you the other # by the time you get to Rio. By the by, I expect David (otherwise known as Metro Boy) to be one of my contributions to the bash. As you sort of know, he's really delightful. Ciao!

Archived