THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Qestions re: Costs of the Rio Party

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7706 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

I thought I would post this now, so everyone coming to the October Soiree will know how the costs of the party are divided, as I have gotten several emails on the subject. Actually very simple. We take the total cost of the food/drinks/etc. and divide by the number of M4M's. So, if we end up with 25 M4M's there(a distinct possibility) we would take the total bill and divide by 25, that's your share, payable the next day! In April I think it came to somewhere around $30. - $33. U.S. That was 8 M4M's and 17 boys, roughly 2 to 1 boys to M4M's, which is kinda what we are expecting this time, so I think it will stay in that proportion/cost. That provides enough food and drinks to last the whole night. We are having a restuarant provide the food, we will go out and buy liquor/drinks/Red Bull(boys favorite drink and the same price as in the U.S. about $1.99 per can) Someone asked me "well if it's me and I only invite one boy and there are 60 total there at the party, then I should pay 1/30 of the total bill!"

WRONG!!!

First, this is supposed to be fun, not an accountants course! We are going to make it simple. Secondly, as I said previously, you may very well not end spending much time with the

boy(s) you invite and may spent alot of time with a boy(s) I invite!

We aren't interested in keeping track of who goes/does who!! So if the difference $5.00 or $6.00 would really bother you, don't come. Those of us who are organizing, going out and buying the drinks, hauling it all back, are paying the same share, so it will be equal for anybody.

Any Questions?, we will be happy to answer here on the board so everyone can see and no surprises.

Tomcal,

I am not worried about paying a full share even though I doubt I'll ever be able to get close to the boys you invite...much less any of the others unless you are already down in your room....heheh. Something about a frigate bird..whatever that is...

Hope you had a nice visit last week.

Are you back?

:7

And please no handheld calculators.

If Kevin shows then give him his own bill if he`s still on the black label only kick. If he goes to your room beware of backback or empty the mini bar first.

Actually that sounds very negative `cause he`s a fun guy and speaks very good English. You`ve just gotta watch him.

'"We are going to make it simple." Thanks, Tom! This can be a great party for all if everyone tries not to have an anxiety attack about any feature re: Soiree 2. My suggestion will be to read all of these threads super-carefully; just go with the flow; attend the affair and make the better of it!

I have to say, the price of Red Bull in Brazil really kind of frosts me! But the boys looove the stuff! At the rate we're going, we're going to need at least 50 and probably 100 cans of Red Bull! I'd suggest talking with Carlo (who lives out in Barra) to see if he can maybe get it at Makro (kind of like Costco) or Carrefour or one of the hypermarkets out there for less than $2 a can! We can reimburse him if he can pick it up for us (and maybe some of the other soft drinks, too). The thing about Makro is that you need a membership card to shop there, and Carlo's the only person I know who's likely to have one, or know somebody who has one!

There's a big Mundial branch on Siqueira Campos near the Atlântico; it's one of the lower-cost supermarkets in town and it might be worth checking to see if they have a deal on Red Bull, if Carlo isn't able to get it for a reasonable price in Barra. I've occasionally seen it on special at Pão de Açucar, but you can't count on that and ordinarily Pão de Açucar is one of the higher-priced supermarkets, along with the Zona Sul chain.

I'm not sure why the price of the stuff annoys me so, but it just seems like such a ripoff in a country like Brazil to be paying $2 a can for overly sweet soda laced with lots of caffeine! But if we're inviting the boys, it won't be a party without it! }(

Guest Tomcal_

One of the things that make the party(any party) fun is keeping it simple, I for one do not intend to travel all over town to pick up different food/drink items! the grocery store is 150 feet east of the Atlantico, we can buy it there. Last time I had to go to 3 grocery stores just to find enough of it, that's how popular it is and WHY they don't discount it there or here! I guarantee the difference in price is not going to be more then 10 cents, it's not worth the effort, at least to me to start walking all over town to try to save on few cents on Red Bull, if we are going start having discussions about what everything costs and doing comparison shopping, Count Me Out of the whole thing!!!

And someone who wants to walk blocks carrying cans of Red Bull rather then having fun in the suanas can do it. Goes back to my comment in previous post, if $5.00 or 10.00 bucks(divided by 20+ guys) make that big a difference....

Whoa, I wasn't suggesting walking all over town and cutting into essential boinking time! If Carlo can get a better deal on Red Bull out in Barra and bring it to the party, then nobody's walking all over anywhere. (OK, maybe Carlo!)

On the other hand, if you'd rather get the Red Bull and other drinks at the supermarket, you don't have to carry it all back to the hotel yourself. Rio supermarkets DELIVER! (One of the truly civilized aspects of Rio life!) You might go with Eduardo or someone else who speaks Portuguese to talk to the store manager when you get there to be sure they have enough in stock for the party on Monday, and arrange to have it delivered to the suite sometime Monday afternoon so it can get iced down. That will be virtually painless!

Another question: besides the small gifts and stuff that we plan to give the boys, do we want to have a bigger deal "door prize" like the boom box we had a drawing for at the end of the party last April? It was definitely a hit. That was SF Traveler's brainstorm, so perhaps he'd like to offer some views on a repeat? Should we do another boom box? We'll need some music for the party, any way! Unless we want to arrange with one of the show organizers from the saunas for a DJ or something like that.

Archived