THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio's Favelas: A Repeat?

Axiom2001
This topic is 7708 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few months back-- many responses appeared regarding favelas in Rio. Some writers who responded about their experiences alluded to a hotel being near a favela or a trip to Point: 202 being close to a favela, and on and on and on... Many valid points were generated through this thread, but there was some paranoia existing amongst some of the respondents. (Yes, I am quite cognizant that one should NOT go alone or without the company of a local; I've taken two supervised tours to four favelas with two different companies. I liked Sr. Armstrong's more than the second one which had a religious overtone. I see that Carlo Romanus offers a favela tour amongst his twenty plus tours in Rio.)

This morning while I was in the process of sorting papers, I ran across some material I'd extracted from the net and printed; the website I viewed was: http://www.favelatour.com.br.

If you're interested in favelas, perhaps you would do some research on the web and/or take an inexpensive tour for two hours with a local guide. I am NOT promoting-- merely acknowledging...

Archived