THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

To ease saudade...

catnip
This topic is 7708 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok, I'm getting a lot of vicarious pleasure reading about the bee's nest of activity in Rio presently and looking toward October, but I'm stuck here stateside for many months to come. So, what to do, besides seethe with jealousy, but improve my Portuguese. I found a book that, I think, is a standard college text book called "Falando...Lendo...Escrevendo... Portugês". It's a perfect book for someone who has a little knowledge of Portuguese but wants more structure and practice to improve grammar and vocabulary. You can get it from Amazon or at Luso-Brazilian books - http://www.lusobraz.com/index.php3

Saudade is such a lovely word...no exact translation other a longing, or nostalgia.

Do keep on learning portuguese Catnip, but not too well! A Brasileiro lover of mine once told me that Brazilians ADORE an American accent! They think WE are cute as pie when we try to speak portuguese! Imagine that!

La belle Trixie

Archived