THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Carlrio

Guest aquina
This topic is 7707 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest aquina

Hi guys, I decided to get off the fence and ask my first question. I'm having trouble getting a response from Carlo , i'm using romanusrj@uol.com.br. I emailed him last week and so far no response,

am I being too impatient:-) ? Thanks

...just slightly. From his events' section at his new site-- I know that he is involved in a big event: The Miss Brasil Contest" which begins this week. I wrote to him last week, and it took him a few days to get back to me. When he sent the email--he stated that he would handle my requests the following week, after he'd finished with another principal event with which he was working!

A few minutes ago I faxed my itinerary and cc# number to him to reserve the hotels for me when I am in Brasil in October; I hope he received it and that the cc# is safe.

I was going to say the same thing. Carlo is usually very responsive, but when one of these mega-events is on he gets kind of swamped, as he has to organize things and then ride herd on a group of 40 or 50 gay men who go on his tour! As you can imagine, it's about as easy as herding cats! But the event will be over soon and I'm sure he'll be answering all his e-mails.

Ax, if you got confirmation that the fax was received OK, I'm sure it was. Someone at his office undoubtedly has it and will give it to him when he gets back from the event.

The "Miss Gay Brazil" contest, by the way, has turned into a big deal. It's held in Juiz de Fora, a town in Minas Gerais just across the state line from Rio as you head to Belo Horizonte (about a 3 hour bus ride). Juiz is a good-sized town of about 250,000 with a very active gay community that's forced a lot of progressive legislation through the town council. The "contest" has turned into a week-long event with parties, meetings, seminars for activists, you name it, culminating, of course, in the "Miss Gay Brazil" contest. I have friends who've gone there and had a fabulous time!

Archived