THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Further News about the M4M Rio Soiree!

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7701 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

Last night we all went to Estacio, 117 and 202, at 202 I ran into a friend \I had met in Rio on my first trip there almost 2 years ago when I knew nothing, and he took me around and showed me how the saunas work, and also pointed out which were some good boys to go with. Since that time He and I have always had a drink together and talked on each of my visits, he is a attorney in Rio, I was telling him about all the Americanos coming in Oct. and how I would like to have Junior who ownes 202 have some kind of party for us. He said here is my number, call me next week, I will arrange it! I said "that is very nice of you, do you know Junior well?" He says "I am his partner!!, but few people know that" turns out he is the third-silent partner, the other being the guy who ownes Lagoa in S.P. He said they would try and bring some boys up from S.P. plus bring a group in for our special night. WE are looking at Friday night, it has to be Friday as that is their slow night and Estacio~s big night(junior owns both)The two Friday dates are Oct. 24th or Oct. 31st. Right now I am favoring the 24th, I know this won~t work for everyone, but neither will the 31st. So when I find out what Friday most of the M4M's can make it, I will start the arrangements. I told him for the party I wanted the big ,POINTE 202 sign above the stage taken down and Tomcal Univ. put up. LOL

This way they could have the locals and non M4Ms at Estacio and the 20+ and counting M4M's at 202, it would be great business for him. He said that I had always been so nice and friendly and so nice to all the boys, that all of them have said Dom(they can't say Tom)is ,a good guy!! So he would like to show appreciation back(and it~s good business) I asked if he could get some of the strippers from S.P. and maybe have a big dick contest, etc. to make a fun party night as well as a Busy Cabine night!!!

I am not prominsing yet that this will happen, but will keep everyone apprised of my conversations with him.

If it works you guys can show your appreciation by surprising me with a boy I don~t know in Rio!! lol

Hey, Tom,

Sounds like you guys are enjoying the many flavors of Rio. Wish like hell I was there! I am counting the days (13) til I get there. I'll be there from August 26th thru Sept. 2. And I am hoping that the party at Estacao is going to be held on October 31st, as I only get into Rio on Monday, the 27th. I'm just about able to make it to the soiree. Getting in that afternoon. I am hoping it works out for the 31st.

Hope Gulliver and Floridarobb are enjoying, too. I will be hooking up with them in Sao Paulo toward the end of my trip. Have a few guys lined up already for August. There are so many I want to see. Hopefully they won't be all worn out from having fun with you! And am really looking forward to Corujinha, too. I will try to keep up the tradition.

Well, continue to have fun and hopefully the town will be the same after you leave. And again, I am hoping for the 31st for the Estacao party. (do you accept bribes?) Talk to you soon. Robbguy

P.S. I will be taking more pics this time. Hopefully there will be alot of guys to shoot pics of. They may all have to take a rest due to overwork and fatigue, though. Wonder why. *smile*

Sounds like you are well connected. I have plans on arriving in Rio on Friday (arrives around 8 AM, if memory serves me right)so could still make it on the evening of the 24th. I probably would prefer the 31st, but I can certainly deal with both dates. A party at the 202 would probably be a great initiation to the Rio scene, so maybe I prefer the 24th. Actually, have parties on both the 24th and the 31st. I am sure we could keep the boys busy.

Can't wait to meet you.

Big Daddy

Tomcal, just to clarify something here. Do you intend this sauna party IN ADDITION to the Monday night party at the Atlântico? Or is it instead of the Atlântico party? Personally, I hope it's IN ADDITION, and also that it can be scheduled for the 31st, because I'll probably be flying down on the 24th, myself. The 31st is also Hallowe'en, of course, so it can be extra-festive. It's not a traditional Brazilian holiday, but in the past few years they've been getting into it (ANY excuse for a party) so the "Noite das Bruxas" ("Witches Night") could help make things even more lively. Anyway, please let us know what you have in mind, and when the night at 202 is definitely scheduled.

BTW, I get confused, but either Nov. 1 or Nov. 2 is "Finados," the Brazilian Day of the Dead. It's not as spectacular an observance as in Mexico (where it definitely happens Nov. 1) but it's the day most people go to the cemeteries to clean the graves and visit their deceased loved ones, sometimes bringing favorite foods, etc. If you're interested, it's probably worth checking out. One of the largest and most interesting Rio cemeteries is in Botafogo, just through the tunnel at the end of Siqueira Campos, so almost any bus heading through the tunnel will pass by it.

Either the 24th or 31st is fine with me; I arrive in RIo on the 22nd and remain until 3rd November. Tri- I'm glad you eluded to Halloween in your response: I want to go to Paratay for two days as well as do Carlo's boat trip on 2 November but did not want to be away from Rio if something special were happening at a sauna or at the saunas in connection with our pagan holiday on the 31st.

PS When I read TOMCal's message-- I interpreted it as "in addition to..."

i talked to junior last night at corijinas last nigh....imagine he was there too....he said that friday the 24th will be the american party at point 202.

also tri....this is who i have as coming....some im only guessing that are coming but i cant imagine being the putas they are that theyd miss the party:

floridarob

gulliver

gmo4

my friend from indy

tomcal

another rob

robbguy

tri

jake

driver

jackhammer

thick and hard

sftraveller

2 guys from la (tomcals friends)

jaunty

garotofun

axiom

bigdaddy

upnorth

we met 3 americans at corijinas last night that knew nothing of this board and they may be reading this , so 1 or 2 of them may come

we met another guy from lax that may come also.

Guest Tomcal_

To Clarify: The 202 party is IN ADDITION to the party on the 27th!

I was there in Rio the last two years on October 31st, but didn't notice anything different as far as the suanas or aforementioned Holiday.

If you read one of my earlier posts - louis my washington friend got into an argument as he thought he was being overcharged by the taxi driver but fabio (his prescious at the time) told us it was a holiday called day of the dead.

Cut from my earlier post 4-NOV-2002

"Ok so its 6pm and im back at the hotel. Now louis has had a minor row with Fabio in the taxi. It seems the fare to the restaurant was one price but the fare back was double. (and the meter was off)

Louis takes exception to this smelling a rat but it seems its a national holiday (holiday of the dead or ghosts or something like that) Hmm not in my guidebook but who can tell."

just goes to show that if you post lots of information it can become relevant months later LOL

Well, it still could have been a rip-off. Taxis are supposed to use Rate 1 during the day (it shows on the meter) and Rate 2 after a certain time at night (like 8:00 p.m.?) and on Sundays and Holidays. However, it's on the meter and it's supposed to show Rate 2. There's something like a 10 -15% difference between the two rates. Rate 2 is definitely NOT double Rate 1! And the meter should always be on, so make an issue about it if it's not, or get out of the cab, because there's ALWAYS another in Rio!

Occasionally you will run into refusals to turn on the meter if you catch a cab at a wee hour of the morning in front of a popular bar or nightspot, especially one that's located kind of remotely. If it's in Copacabana or Ipanema, you can avoid this by walking away from the bar for a half-block or so and just hail a passing taxi, rather than taking one of the lurkers at the door. On the other hand, if it's in the middle of nowhere and nothing else is going by, you're probably stuck, and you'll pay a premium. In dollars, pounds or euros, it still won't be very much!

During Carnavale my friend and I went to LeBoy via taxi. The fare was indeed very cheap. On our return-- the lurkers at the door of LeBoy's wanted to charge us a hefty fare; I vehemently declined his offer, but my friend wanted to take him up on it. I bargain but the carioca refused: I told my friend that we were walking to the corner to hail a taxi; we did and were driven back to the Atlantico for the same rate that we paid to arrive at LeBoy. ...just thought I'd write this since some of Tri's comments were similar to our experience.

PS At night whenever I would get into a taxi I would first check to see if the driver had on the meter!

Well I don't arrive in Rio until the early evening of the 24th but I'm sure I'll make it to Point by around 9:30 or 10. I just hope all the boys aren't worn out by then! Tomcal, just pace yourself a little slower during the first ten or so and I'm sure everything will work out! SF Traveler

Guest Alaska14k

At Tomcal's suggestion, I'm putting my 2 cents in here for two Gringos to attend the 202 party on October 31st--do not arrive until the 30th, so miss out on the other two functions. Additionally, have not heard back from Carlos on the Nov. 2 boat party--but it sounds like he is busy. Looking forward to meeting other m4m board members.

"...have not heard back from Carlo." Few, if any of us, have heard from Carlo because he's engaged in a major event. Note Tri's and my previous comments regarding Carlo.

I'm having him do all of my itinerary while in Brazil: hotels, tours, the boat trip, etc. He'll more than likely get back to me/us during the middle of next week if not sooner or perhaps a little later!

Guest skewerpole

Hi Tomcal,

For this party/parties you are coordinating, count me for the 24th and 31st. I plan to be there from the 23rd of October till 10th of November. Thanks for coming with these fun things.

a fallen angel/skewer

Guest Tomcal_

Guys as long as we have 15 M4M's at each Friday the 24th and the 31st We can have both those nights for our private M4M event, that way all the guys get to attend(and some of us both) Right now more M4M's have picked the 24th as the preferred night, but looking at the number of guys going, it looks like we will have close to 20 ont he 24th and with carryover and guys arriving after the 24th at least a dozen on the 31st right now! I will be talking to the guys at 202 this weekend.

Archived