THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

STUDIO APARTMENT FOR RENT IN COPACABANA

Guest siruncut
This topic is 7700 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest siruncut

Hi, it's been a while, so I just wanted to remind you guys that my studio apartment in Copacabana is still available for rent, if you're looking for a nice place other than a hotel. Several M4Mers, including Trilingual, have stayed there and enjoyed the apartment. There's twenty-four hour doorman service, but no problem bringing in "guests" at any time. The building is within walking distance of the Copacabana saunas, and only a block from the Metro station for visits to Club 117 and downtown attractions. You can check out the apartment at http://www.correia-lima.net My contact information is on the site, if you're interested, or if you have any other questions you can e-mail me directly at oclima@dc.rr.com

Odilo

I thought this forum was not for commercial purposes, but with Trilingual getting a cut, I guess all is well among good ol' boys. Why would anyone want this with the Atlantico with breakfast at $50?

I'm sure my message will be cut by Trilingual and will appear as censored.

IamI

Oh dear, IamToxic has gone off her meds. . . And she had been so good and constructive the past few months. . .

Just so everyone here is clear, I don't get a cut from Odilo or anyone else on this board. I've stayed at Odilo's apartment, but I paid him rent for the time I was there, even though Odilo is an old friend whom I've known for at least 20 years (long before M4M, in other words).

Odilo's place is convenient, comfortable, attractive, reasonably priced and an appealing alternative for someone who wants more space and a more home-like environment than a hotel room. No, breakfast isn't included. Yes, Odilo's prices are negotiable, especially depending on the season. Right now the apartment is booked, but there are some times available and Odilo would like to rent the place during those periods, so if you're interested, check it out and contact him. Everyone I know who's stayed there has enjoyed themselves and enjoyed the apartment.

Personally, I wouldn't stay at Odilo's for more than a couple of weeks because there's no stove and I like to cook. However, there's a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc., so it's possible to put together a continental breakfast, prepare light meals, reheat doggy bags from the generally over-abundant portions at Brazilian restaurants, etc. Otherwise, the apartment is very pleasant and quiet, with a nice view of the green hillside behind the building. Odilo has installed cable with all the foreign language news channels, so for anyone who finds it critical to stay in touch with the news in languages other than Portuguese, his place is a find, because few seasonal apartments in Rio offer cable TV.

Whether you decide that a hotel or an apartment is more suitable for you is a personal choice, but whatever you do, kindly ignore IamToxic's little rants and make your decisions based on reality and not someone's psychotic breaks. . . ;) Whether you decide on the Atlantico, some other hotel, or Odilo's place, you'll have a memorable time in Rio!

P.S. - STUDIO APARTMENT FOR RENT IN COPACABANA

BTW, as far as I can tell, this entire site is about commercial matters: It's about guys who sell their companionship, plus related subjects like congenial hotels, tours and travel agents, none of which give away their services as a charitable endeavor. In fact, I'm probably one of the few exceptions here, because except for a few free dinners from grateful M4Mers, I've received absolutely ZERO for all the information I've provided here. Just mentioning this to keep the record straight, precious!

RE: ODILO'S E-MAIL ADDRESS

Once again, for some inexplicable reason Odilo's e-mail address is automatically printed weirdly on this site (what appears ISN'T what was typed in). To e-mail Odilo, either do it directly from his website or type in the address that appears after the > sign in the address above.

I'm trying to see if Odilo's real address will show up correctly if I enclose it in quotes as "oclima@dc.rr.com" If it doesn't, please follow the instructions above, and only use the part of the address following the > sign.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rough2FF

If you want to look for a more reasonable alternative with/cable/AC/kitchen:

http://geocities.com/apartmentsriodejaneiro/

Ask for Alex....I paid USD 20,-- everytime I've been there. He's got a wide range of different appartments, very nice guy, appartments are typical Rio standard the only difference between Odilos is that he has a wooden floor, but the rest of the furniture is the same quality and the kitchen and the bathroom's are usually better than Odilos.

You can also rent 1 bedroom appartments for Reais 400,-- a month, directly on Copacabana round the corner from Copacabana Palace. I am actually thinking about renting one permanently.

Of course people say it is not a very good area..but hey...I love the sleaze ;-)

Will check this out in 3 weeks when I am back in Rio and will let you know then. The ones I saw for R$ 400-600 a month were all furnished with A/C, cableTV and kitchen (electricity of course is to be paid extra).

I'll let you guys know when I am back.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be wonderful if guys citing information here could be tactful? Follow Tri's examples.

I've only stayed at one location while in Rio, a "famous" hotel which has been mentioned innumerable times amongst the pages at this site, but in the future, if I find myself back in Rio, I plan to try another hotel or perhaps an apartment to vary the tempo.

But anyway, fellow respondents, when writing about someone else's property-- please be kind for the sake of the owner as well as the reader! (...written positively!) Axiom-

Vacation apartment rentals in Rio are available in a variety of sizes and price ranges. Many of them have minimum-stay requirements, require complicated deposits, etc. It's kind of all over the map.

Compared to the price of a hotel, Odilo's rates are very much in line, although he is probably not the cheapest of all. Of course, you get what you pay for! In the case of Odilo's apartment, you get an apartment that was designed with North American tastes, customs and standards of comfort in mind. For U.S. readers, you also get the advantage of dealing with someone who lives in the U.S., so it's relatively easy to make arrangements for the apartment in advance. With rentals in Rio, you usually have to take what an agent has available upon your arrival; they won't usually reserve a place except maybe for repeat customers.

There are other choices available, of course, so feel free to check around and then make up your mind what works best for you. Odilo's place is convenient, comfortable and a very nice option if you're staying for a couple of weeks and want a more home-like environment.

Archived