THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Hispaniola

Guest Deweywop
This topic is 7762 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Deweywop

Appropos to a recent thread, here's one effort to expand this forum beyond Brazil (much as I loved the country).

All systems are go for my trip to Hispaniola, the Caribbean isle shared by Haiti and the Dominican Republic. I've been reading up. Talk about interesting history and culture. Wow!

I've searched the archives and culled the great info previously posted. I also exchanged e-mails with Mike M about his trip. Anyone with further words or tips would be most appreciated.

I'd especially like to hear about any "scene" outside of Santo Domingo, as well as anything exciting, fresh, different, amusing. I'd love to get a local contact who can tell me about people and places.

I might or might not go to Haiti and might or might not (probably not) play around if I go there, but any information would be great.

When I return, I'll share what I found out.

Please do! Besides the scene in Santo Domingo, there's supposedly some gay life in Santiago de los Caballeros, the second-largest city. In the resort areas I understand some of the locals who lounge around the beaches are available. I'm sure a meaningful exchange of glances will reveal who they are! ;)

Haiti was once one of the great gay vacation destinations, at least amongst a certain select circle! Things kind of died there, it seems, with all the political troubles, but it's hard to believe that the culture has changed so much that nobody's fooling around anymore, especially in a country as poor as Haiti. I think you'll need to be subtle and discreet, but I suspect there's action to be had. Some more of that exchanging meaningful glances should do the trick. I think there used to be a couple of cafes in the center of town where it was possible to meet people. Don't recall the names, but I'm sure that with a bit of detective work you can scout things out! You also might ask around a bit while you're in the D.R. to see if anyone has any info. They're a lot closer, so even if Haiti and the D.R. don't get along very well the local gays in Santo Domingo may have some names or addresses.

Can't wait for the full report! :p

Guest Deweywop

>Besides the scene in Santo Domingo, there's

>supposedly some gay life in Santiago de los Caballeros, the

>second-largest city.

With a name like that (St. James of the Gentlemen), I'm intrigued!

Archived