THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

New Pics Posted

robbguy
This topic is 7772 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

Iam1, picture links have been sent. Enjoy. Incidentally, I will be taking LOTS of pics when I go to Rio in 2 weeks. Bringing my 35mm, digital, and Polaroid. The boys better get their make-up touched up. Yumm. *smile* Robb

hey robbguy, liked looking at the photos again. It looks like instead of traveling solo, there will brpbably be three friends with me including floridarobb, frank2 talk aka sucker, and another. It seems like this little off season trip may end up being bigger than the original m4m Soiree I. Will be talking to the two cowboy brothers from Barretos (6'5 and 6'6) and importing them for the event. Met them at lagoa last trip.

got a quote from carloromano regarding portugeuse tutor of 80R per hour and am considering it. What do u think??I would do it each day I am there for an hourand have them come to the pool area if it is warm and nice.

We can meet up on Saturday when you arrive. I will be there friday and can meet with Monica to arrange food you want. What day do you want to have the gettogethor?? We leave for Sao Paulo the following friday.

Florida rob came in to NYC for last minute trip yesterday afternoon and today is PRDAY parade here. god, i enjoy this hanging out both here and in brazil.

mike

Gulliver, I'm so jealous I could scream! The thought of all of you enjoying yourselves down there while I'm stuck here working is really frying, but I guess I'll have to content myself with fantasizing about all the fun I'm going to have with you all in October for two weeks, including some time in Iguacu Falls and possibly Parati which my beau from Lagoa. Anyway, I used the tutor Carlo recommended (also R$80 per hour) when we were there in April and found her to be excellent. Her name was Maria Valeria and she is an experienced language teacher. The only problem was that we had our lessons in the lobby, over in that corner by the bar, and occasionally it was too loud. If you had the suite again, or perhaps if the time you selected was convenient to go up to the roof, it might be better. But I strongly believe that a live teacher is the way to go, and Maria Valeria was a very good one. Have a great time and I'm looking forward to getting together for the party planning party in Las Vegas in August. SF Traveler

Guest Jake

Does anyone besides me think that R$80 per hour is a BIG price to pay for a Portugese tutor in Rio? I pay less than that in Florida for a really good one. I just wish that I had more time for her these days but hope to find one in Rio for regular sessions. (Seems like all my sessions in Rio are regular!)

Guest Gringo

it does seem a bit pricy to me. one very effective method i can recommend is the pillow-talk system. and hell, the sauna boys only charge 50 reis and you get to pick a pretty one! the first lesson is: "if you can't ask for it in Portuguese, you won't get it." i've learned a lot of things from the boys of brasil. i remember the first time some young thing pushed a button i didn't even know existed. frightened me for a moment, but i got over it. lesson learned.:+

Hi, Gulliver,

I will let you know the minute I get to Rio. Not sure of my suite number but I should be getting into the hotel around 1pm. Want to meet in the lobby at 2pm? Hope you don't mind me asking for some assistance in planning this gathering. You did such a good job (so I hear) planning the soiree. I'm not sure what day would be best for the party. I thought of Monday, since 117 is closed and we could invite several of the boys. And it depends on when my friends can be there. After all, the birthday of one of them is the reason for the party (well, ONE of the reasons). *smile* As far as the tutor is concerned, is that $80R per person or per session with a few people? I do find it a bit pricey but if she is worth it, O.K. I don't think I'm going to do SP this time. I was hoping I could work out stayed there for an overnight on my way down but my ticket is for Boston to Rio and I would have to pay a penalty for not flying all the way thru and would have no way to get my luggage since it would be sent to my final destination on the ticket, Rio. I thought of maybe going for an overnight during the week. We shall see. It is Gay Pride in SP then and the hotels may be booked. I'm gonna play it by ear. Glad that Floridarob and Sucker will be there. And I am looking forward to staying at the Atlãntico. The staff seem cool. Well, take care, Mike, and let me know what you think. Thanks. Robb

Portuguese tutoring classes

Good morning yall,

Our Portuguese tutoring classes do cost R$ 80.00 per hour per person. For they are tutoring (one to one) if you do want to engage in a group session we can arrange another price, but I don't recommend as you are going to stay here for a short while, all the individual attention you can get the better. Of course we can get better deals with sauna boys as Gringo suggested, but if you pay R$ 50.00, you will get a R$ 50.00 worth class... And our tutors are real tutors as our guides are real guides... not amateurs.

All of our tutors work for H.L.I. (Home Language International http://www.hli.co.uk). So we are talking about real pros...

But if you think that paying US$ 28.00 for a teacher who goes to your place at your convenience it too much... you'd definitely settle for a michê who can include that along with other things...:D

As for São Paulo during the Parade, Robb, if you let us know when you'd like to go, we can try to find you a place for as low as R$ 130.00 a night, and if you're coming during the Pride Parade weekend we have very interesting 2 nights package starting at R$ 150.00 (2 nights breakfast included)... Check out our website for more information: http://romanusrj.sites.uol.com.br

The two nights that shouldn't be missed is: Saturday 21st, because of the Trash Party and Sunday 22nd, for it's the Parade itself.

Um abraço,}(

Guest trescho75

I got the link and WOOOOOF, I felt envy and jealousy. Those guys are gorgeous and the pics are fantastic. I lked Franco and Costelli a lot. Booking my trip as we speal. LOL

Archived