THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

My third trip to rio

Guest juice
This topic is 7803 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest juice

My trips to Rio just keep getting better.I have three good friends there and I look forward to seeing them each trip. I prepared for this excursion by buying the Pimsleur course part 1, more books, and placing cards of nPortuguese words all over my house. My trip down was less than comfortable but the owner of a bed & breakfast picked me up at the airport. While he was very pleasant and the B & B was in a good location, my room had no ht water, no room safe, and most importantly my friends could not visit! The next day I moved down to the Atlantico for the remaining days. My best friend Y. met me all dressed in a tie and we proceeded to have a intimate reunion. The following week Y., my friend L., and I ventured out toward Parati renting a taxi for only $40 a day . We saw great beaches, cascades, had a boatride, and of course ate and ate. Another day we went to Teresopolis in the mountains north of Rio. Awesome views and hikes. In between these trips I took Y's 4 year old son to the National Mueum and the zoo.What a delight. I don't think he ever understood that I don't speak Portuguese well. I attended 3 flea markets and bought some awesome antiques and paintings. Of course,I saw the new Sauna Point 202 several times and hit Estacao and 117 a few times. My favorites were Lopez at the Estacao and Paulo at Poit 202, both fantastic bottoms, full of energy and ideas. Another guy Samuel at Estacao took me to Incontrus and later to the Corinhinha(spelling) where I was introduced to Paco (aka Jabba). Another night trip Y took me to Sao Cristovao where I truly believed I had falling into a scene from Mad Max. Motorcycle gangs with their bikes decorated with military booty, feathers,and fake skulls, prosttiutes with bare breasts being fondled openly in the streets, loud music from samba to rap,wet urine spots up and down the street walls, and the smell of alcohol, cigarettes, and pot was overwhelming. Y was very amused at my reaction. I find Rio food excellent since I love variety. We went to many kilo restaurants but my favorite is the Siquiera Grill and in Centro the famous Confeitaria Colombo over 100 years old in a magnificent building. For simple sweets I ove the numerous sucos stands where I try new fruit treats such a bombom bianas and acai. Well, I stil have not made it to the Igassu Falls, maybe in October. By the way, I would like to meet you other posters. Is the soiree an open invitation and do you all need any $ for any of the preparations? Adeus,juice

Guest Tomcal_

<<Is the soiree an open invitation and do you all need any $ for any of the preparations? Adeus,juice>>

Juice, you definitly are invited!! It would be great to have another experienced guy there. Actually, the soiree is open to ALL! As far as $$ for prep. goes. What we did for the night of the party, is have the hotel provide the food and several of us went out and bought alcholol,sodas,etc., totaled it all and divided by the number of Americans there(the boys ate and drank for free). I can't quite remember, but I think it came to about U.S.$30. apiece. Very reseasonable, the food was good, and we didn't run out of food or drink or boys! There were 9 M4M's there and I think around 20 boys.

The way the October party is going, we might almost be at the stage where we can Charter a plane and fill it!!LOL Almost all of the original goup from April are going to be there, and this was a really fun,compatible bunch of guys. Fun is guaranteed!

First of all, I totally agree with Tomcal. The more the merrier on the party. But remember it will make it much more interesting for you if you are staying at the Atlantico since you can make use of your room. Also, some of us bought little "party favors" for the boys which made it more fun for them. I bought fancy underwear at Ross and Speedo swimsuits that I found on sale for $10 in SF. I also bought a boombox in Rio that we used for music and then raffled off at the end. I would encourage any of you that plan to come to be on the lookout for things like this that we can give away to the boys, but remember that even the muscular ones wear smaller sizes than Americans. I bought a mixture of smalls and mediums and the mediums were mostly too big for the boys. The smalls went much faster but they took everything in the end. T shirts with English writing on them would also be a good item. Also Brazilians love cologne, but the little sampler sets I bought at the Miami airport duty free were too expensive and, if I had it to do over, I'd use the money for something else. But the most important thing to bring is yourself--and some R$50s and R$10s. SF Traveler

It's true about Brazilian and clothing sizes. I brought some shirts (knit types) in various sizes to give to "new friends." My current favorite is 6'3" or so, with very wide shoulders and no waist to speak of and big biceps. (NO, you CAN'T have him!) Anyway, even though the XLs I bought fit him fine, the L's fit him even better, and so do the M's!!! (The M's mold to his body like a glove, whereas the larger sizes are looser on him. He likes all of them, because he can vary the tightness of the fit, depending on his mood or the temperature!) If you do clothes, get light fabrics that BREATHE. Designer underwear (CK, 2xist, etc.) briefs in SMALL sizes (32) are also very popular, and can be found inexpensively at discount stores in the U.S.

College or professional athletic team shirts of baseball caps, or other such items with city names or other material in English are desireable gifts, too. Just stay away from stuff with American flags and "U.S.A." all over them for the time being. America's stock is pretty low just at the moment in much of the world, including Brazil.

Other inexpensive gimmicks are fun gifts. The guys were ENTRANCED by the light-up plastic ice cubes Gulliver found on the internet this last time, and snapped them up! I think Gulliver said they were about 2 or 3 bucks each. Gimmicky ball point pens might be similarly enjoyed!

Boxes of Magnum XL condoms are flattering gifts and welcome, too (as are small bottles of good lube). Places like Marshall's and Ross always have inexpensive colognes and soaps, and Brazilians like such things. Smelling nice is an important value in a hot, sweaty country!

Archived