THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Atlantico Airport Transfers

Guest PETE
This topic is 7803 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest PETE

I booked a room at the Atlantico for my upcoming vacation and in my confirmation email Liz asked if I wanted the hotel to arrange for someone to pick me up from the airport. Have any of you guys used this service from the hotel (Atlantico) before?

Thanks

When I went to Rio last October, I followed Tri's advice and made it to the Atlantico Copa Hotel fine. (His salient advice is oh so easy to follow. Upon my return from the airport-- I used one of their drivers (the Atlantico's) in his unmarked, and I think unmetered autos. He drove in mass traffice, and I made it to the airport in plenty of time. The rate was, if my memory is correct, $R46. I gave him my last $R50.

If the rate is $R75 as I read in another post regarding being picked up, I would just hire my taxi via the booth. This is what I plan to do if the winds and sea carry me to Rio in October of this year.

On the whole, you will do better hiring an official taxi/airport bus from one of the pre-paid booths at the airports in virtually every South American city I know of. (Certainly this is true in Brazil and in Buenos Aires and Mexico City.) They're licensed, they're known quantities, and it's safer. This is one of those "penny-wise, pound-foolish" situations, and I especially advise using these services if you are new to the country and/or don't speak the language. Also, it's convenient and easy, and after arriving in a strange country following a very long flight, easy and convenient are important!

Archived