THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Atlantico Hotel rooms for the Oct. Soriee!

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7809 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

I spoke to Liz in Reservations today and had her email me confirmation numbers for my reservations(for Aug. and for Oct,) I suggest all of you guys, especially the first timers that are going in October(24th - Nov. 2nd) do this, I love the Atlantico, but sometimes Reserv. can be doubled up or missed. By having a printed email confirmation from either Lis Azevedo or Monica in Reservations, you won't have a problem, you win if there is a dispute!

Here is the contact information if you don't have it:

Hotel Atlantico Copacabana, Rua Siqueira Campos, 90, Copacabana-Rio

Tel. (21) 2548-0011 Fax: (21) 2235-7941

Email is : reserva@atlanticocopacabana.com.br Attn: Monica or Liz.

I sent a email to her as I was talking on the phone so she had my correct email address, as trying to say it over the phone leaves a question as to whether or not they have got it correctly, as we were talking, she said, Oh, ok I have it, I will send a confirmation number right back, and within 15 mins. I had it!

Hi, Tom,

Thanks for the info. I booked the Atlantico for June 22-July 1 and October 27-November 4. I called the hotel directly and spoke with Monica, who was so sweet and helpful. At first she was quoting me a price for a junior suite of $180US + 10%tax. I asked over and over if that was in US$ and she kept saying yes. I told her that I know guys who stay there all the time and don't pay that but she insisted that it was the price when she suddenly said, "Oh, Mr. Robert, that is in Brazilian reais." I guess the language difference made it a little difficult on both sides but after she said that, I jumped at it and shouted "I'll take it!" We had a good laugh. She asked me for my e-mail address and I took your advice and e-mailed her with it. It was alot easier than trying to spell it and take a chance of a misspelling (did I spell that right?). She received it and immediately sent a confirmation. Very smooth transaction. I would suggest that if anyone plans on going, especially in October, to call right away and , like Tom says, ask for Monica or Liz. She said that the suites are almost all taken for the October dates. I guess I have become an Atlantico habitué too. Looking forward to it. Take care. Robb

Does one confirm a reservation at the Atlantico or any other hotel in Rio with one night's deposit? This inquiring mind would most appreciate a response. If that's the case-- I will also make my reservation now, too! Thanks, TomCal and Robb... :-)

I guess each hotel has its own policy. At the Atlantico I was told prior to my first visit that they didn't need a credit card; that I could just pay when I got there. In fact, I didn't pay one centavo until the day I left, but I think most paid when they arrived.

In any case, I too have made reservations at the Atlantico, confirmed promptly in this case much to my surprise, for Oct 24 thru Nov. 1, and I'm chafin' at the bit already!

SF Traveler

Except for big international chains, hotels in Brazil don't usually seem to require a credit card guarantee for the first night's arrival. They also don't require upfront payment, although if you're staying for an extended period they often will ask you to pay after every three or four days.

Tomcal and SF Traveler: We've given the Atlantico an awful lot of business and will continue to do so. Why don't you e-mail Monica (who I gather is the manager) and ask about establishing a good discount rate for M4M travelers? Just tell her we're all members of a club called M4M, and the rate should be available for persons asking for the M4M rate when they request a reservation. If you guys can succeed in working that out, we can post the information in the new FAQ section so people can find it and know what to do and who to contact!

Tri and SF Traveler, thanks for answering my query. When I stayed at the Atlantico in October '02-- I made my reservation via the net -- Riogayguide... I didn't pay anything in advance, and when I checked out some days later-- I paid the bill. Since I will probably make the reservations for this October via Atlantico's email and website-- I wanted to know. Obrigado!

I have decided to go to Rio for the October Soriee and am in the process of making reservations at the Atlantico. Upon checking out their web site, I noticed that there are several types of rooms available. they are:

Luxury single

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Luxury double

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Luxury triple

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Luxury couple

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Executive suite

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Presidential suite

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Convention room

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Meeting room

I know the Presidential is booked. Has anyone stayed in the Executive Suite type of room? Also, am not sure what single, double, triple or couple means, other than number of people. For example, is a Luxury Single the same as a Luxury Couple. I guess what I am saying, is what type of room would be the most fun.

Big Daddy

Well all I know is that the executive suite is larger, and has a bigger bathroom than the other rooms. As far as I was able to tell, the other rooms are all the same and room type just has to do with how many people stay there. The rate quotes I've received in the past were only for the regular rooms and the executive suites. SF Traveler

Agreemet between Romanus and Atlântico

As of this past week we have an agreement with Atlântico so that we'll make reservations for our foreign guests at a very special rate as I'll be sending them a minium of 5 guests a week. Thus for if you want to make your reservations through our company we will be glad to get it for you at a very reasonable rate and in R$.

Just let us know and we'll do all contacting for yall.

Um abraço,

:7

Guest Tomcal_

RE: Agreemet between Romanus and Atlântico

Carlos, is this less then the $180. Reias/per night they are charging for the 2 room suites, if so we will cancel and book through you!

Archived