THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio Taxi Service - Gay friendly/owned

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7820 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

Guys, Edwardo,our young, English speaking, Suana boy/translator/guide referred us to this guy to take us to the airport on Sunday. I guess he used to work in the saunas a couple of years ago. Has a nice car, better then the local taxis, and most of the "boys know him. He speaks some English and they all said he is very trustworthy. He was right on time for us, took us on the "scenic" tour through downtown on the way to the airport. There were three of us, my friend and I plus my new love in Rio who insisted on riding to the airport with us.

(btw, that's his pic I posted on the other thread) I paid him $50.reias(that included the trip back to Copa for my friend, who is also his friend,lol ) , tip included in that. Here is his info:

Welington Brolo, (21) 3820-9325 or 3820-9207 or 9928-9515

email: globo.com@brolo

Thanks for the heads up on the taxi service. This is quite a bargain as the fixed rate for taxis from the airport to Copacabana was 56 $R in January and there was NO tour! By the way I met Eduardo on both of my previous trips and he is a terrific singer. We went to a karaoke club and he was fantastic--a man of many talents.

Guest Tomcal_

Your right, he practices his singing every chance he gets. He invited me to a Karoeke club one night, but I already had a date lined up! lol

Wellington is well-known and reliable. He parlayed his earnings from the saunas into a taxi business, and has a niche market picking up guys at the saunas. He's often at Corujinha later on.

If you need to e-mail him, it looks like whoever did his business cards switched the address around. Try brolo@globo.com (or maybe globo.com.br) because you definitely won't get him at the address shown on the card!

Wellington would be available to set up cab service for activities other than the airport, like a drive through the Tijuca Forest or out to Barra da Tijuca (Miami-in-Brazil) for shopping and sightseeing. Just ask him about it.

Guest Tomcal_

Tri, thanks for picking up on that, I missed it, I am looking at his business card and it does read backwards, with the globo.com in the front. At least one of the three phone numbers should work.

Archived