THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

M4M Rio Soiree - My 5th Trip here , report on he first 2 days

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7821 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: M4M Rio Soiree - My 5th Trip here , report on he fi...

The only thing is that I'm not sure it works when on a foreign-configured PC. For instance, on the screen at this machine some of the symbols you typed in using the Alt+ sequence appear as Japanese kanji characters!!! It's just maddening! And when others send me e-mail using Spanish or Portuguese accents, they show up as a series of questions marks! I want my Macintosh!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tomcal_

Well I am back in L.A. and have a few random thoughts about the last 10 days. First, it was great meeting the other M4M's, great group, we had alot of fun together. Yesterday, just before I left, SFTraveller, give me a small, carved Brazilian wood Owl he bought at the hippy fair that is held each Sunday in Ipenema, to remind me of our favorite restaurant(for socializing, not the food!)

I met quite a few new boys this trip and almost without exception had good times with all of them. I also saw several of my old favorites like Juan Carlos, Carlos, Dalton, Cristianos. I like Pointe 202, btw, the professional Massage guy there is GREAT!(non-sexual. There is a problem on a night like Sat. when they have large crowds with no A/C in the main lounge area. That is the best time to take someone to a cabine where it is nice and cool. Also the lower TV room next to the locker area is Air-conditioned. They are looking at ways to try and cool it down but with the high ceiling in that room and the open staircase to the upper Shower area, according to Junior, they haven't figured out an economical way yet, but small inconvinence for everything else you get there. I spent less time at Club 117 then in past trips, only went 3 times out of 10 days. It was great each time, but there were so many hot guys at both Estacio and Pointe and one is only 3/4 blcok from the hotel and the other only 2-1/2 blocks that it made it so easy to stay close at night. The metro station is 100 feet from the front door of the Atlantico and the other entrance to the metro is directly across the street from Estacio! Go to the counter get a "Duplo" (round trip) ticket I think it was $3.27 Reias, get on the North bound train, get off at the Gloria stop, which is the sixth one, take the second stairs exit that says Gloria, go up to street level, walk straight ahead a half a block to the corner, turn left and 117 is about 1/2 block up on your left.

Yesterday as I was leaving both day managers at the hotel came over to shake my hand and ask if I enjoyed my stay!!(considering they are going to have to replace the carpeting in my room due to all the traffic, the answer to that was evident!!) Seriously, the staff at Atlanctico was great, did a great job for our party last Monday. To give you an idea of cost, my bill for 10 days, for what they call the exect. suite, two rooms with sauna and jacuzzi tub, with a late checkout yesterday - 4:00p.m., about 8 meals at the hotel rest. and drinks, plus constant restocking of the mini bar, was $1000., roughly $100. a day. I told them I would see them again in Aug and Oct. and told them we would probably due another party in Oct.

My plans for the Oct. trip are the Friday the 24th of Oct. to Sunday, Nov. 2nd. Hopefully Gulliver, Florida Robb and SFTraveller will be there at the same time. CTDick, I think said he couldn't come then, but would be great if he could.

Oh several poster have asked me about Fabio and is he the one that several guys met this past year, no he's not, he usually doesn't work the saunas, but can be found several nights a week at Corojinha's. Great guy with hot body/face and really fun personality. When I go back in Aug. it is going to be an exclusive with "My new Love" and 3 days in Buzios. He has already called today to see if I got home ok...talk about knowing how to work it!! LOL Like I said before, this will be a real test for me, as I have a difficult time spelling monogoumous much less practicing it! take care guys!

Tomcal, welcome back to the good ole' USofA. I can't imagine what it must feel like to "shift gears". Probably kind of a let down. Anyway, I want to thank you for posting Eduardo's telephone number and e-mail. I've tried the e-mail and got message back that fatal error - no such subscriber. Wondering if there's anyway you could verify the e-mail - harlanblake@yahool.com.br. Thought I'd try the phone number later this week.

Thanks very much!!

Guest Tomcal_

>... I've tried the e-mail and got

>message back that fatal error - no such subscriber. Wondering

>if there's anyway you could verify the e-mail -

>harlanblake@yahool.com.br. Thought I'd try the phone number

>later this week.

>Thanks very much!!

you have a "l" after the yahoo part, take that out. Tom

TomCal, I vicariously traveled with you and the gang during your ten days in Rio. ...really enjoyed ready about your adventures and must say thanks for writing so that we who were unable to be there in person could particular in spirit. From what you wrote in previous responses and threads months preceding this trip-- I see an evolving Tom. Your posts seemed different yet just as interesting. Perhaps those who know you personally can attest to this. Keep experiencing and enjoying......

As an aside-- do you travel to LA to Miami to Rio, or what? It amazes me that you seem to have an insurmountable amount o energy. When I went in October, the trip did not seem as tiring, but when I returned to CA in March, man-- it took me almost a week to recover timewise, and that the trip in general seemed rather fatiguing... Take care and that's a bunch again-- to you and the other M4Mers who enabled me to experience some of the fruits/joys of this trip...

Guest Tomcal_

I just Edwardo's emil bounce back too! and it is the one he wrote down for me, I will check it out, I do know the phone number is right, he arranged for all of the M4M's taxi's back to the airport this weekend

AX: I usually fly through Miami, although this trip I went through NYC because American has a Boeing 777 on that lfight which has "sleeper bed" seats in first class and you can lay out flat like in bed, but the trick is take a Ambien 10 mg, for the flight down and back as they are both overnights, you will sleep sound in a naturaly REM pattern and not wake up feeling groogy like with other sleep type drugs. I work in the medical field and this is the sleep aid of choice for most surgeons for themselves, it's not addictive. I only take one pill for the trip down and one for the way back. We never went to bed(or I should say to sleep) before 3:00 am and got up usually about 11:00 each day.

RE: M4M Rio Soiree - My 5th Trip here , report on he fi...

>The only thing is that I'm not sure it works when on a

>foreign-configured PC. For instance, on the screen at this

>machine some of the symbols you typed in using the Alt+

>sequence appear as Japanese kanji characters!!! It's just

>maddening! And when others send me e-mail using Spanish or

>Portuguese accents, they show up as a series of questions

>marks! I want my Macintosh!!!

This is just a guess, but if you're using Internet Explorer I think it renders languages in the order they are selected. To check which languages are selected, and perhaps re-prioritize, click on Tools, Internet Options, and then, at the bottom of the dialog box, click on the button that says Languages.

Tom,

Thanks for your prompt response. I look back on the e-mail I sent and actually the "l" was not on the original e-mail. But I will try again anyway. Am really interested in contacting Eduardo for September - more for guide service and dating service. Thanks for your help!!

Jim

Archived