THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

HELP-extended stay in Rio-apartment ideas?

Guest gmo4
This topic is 7840 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi guys. I am a teacher here in Houston and spent 2 glorious weeks in Rio last summer. I would like to go again this summer, but would like to find an apartment or something like it that I can rent for at least a month.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Greg in Houston

One possibility is Odilo's apartment, where I've stayed before. It's very comfortable, quiet, and conveniently located. Read through the threads on this board (or use the search function for "Odilo's apartment") to find the website, or e-mail Odilo directly at oclima@dc.rr.com One thing about Odilo's place is that it DOESN'T have a stove. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee-maker, but it isn't equipped for full-fledged cooking.

Mike of Miketur has apartments available. You can contact him at miketur@yahoo.com I've seen photos of some of his apartments and they look nice.

In addition, there are numerous real estate agents in Copacabana that specialize in holiday apartment rentals. There's one near Odilo's place at approximately av. Barata Ribeiro, 80. It has a sign about holiday apartments, and there are some other agents nearby.

Figure that rent on a large studio (a "conjugadão") or one-bedroom (a "sala-e-quarto") holiday apartment will run about R$1500 a month. Basically, it comes to R$50 (or about US$15) a day. There are probably some cheaper places available, but chances are they won't be very nice. You're going to want to be sure the place has cable TV, air-conditioning and a phone, besides being clean and well-equipped. Ask about any additional charges, and if maid service is available (if you want someone to come clean periodicially). If the building is located on one of the main avenues, look for a place on the back side ("fundos") to avoid all the street noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived