THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio 4/10 - 20th

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7900 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

It's official, I made final confirmation to be in Rio for my 5th trip from 4/10 to 4/20. Tri, we have a lunch date at 2:00 pm at Maxim's on Thurs the 10th! Gulliver, I am flying from L.A. to NYC a day before and then from Kennedy down(American has a boeing 777 on that flight, much more comforable for that long a flight and they have "sleeper beds")so if you can go on that same flight it would be great. Last year LAShowbiz and I flew down from L.A. together and it made the trip go faster!

tomcal, since i am gong feb 19th to the 25th - April 10th sounds about right for a return. I am using varig because they have a nonstop that is cheap. let me know before you come to NY. Did you already book the rooftop at atlantico?? Man, its the best buy for the buck.

tri - it will be great to see you again. My portugeuse lessons via Pimsleur are really great. Re Rayan - i think he is straight, He supposedly has a girlfriend (who is short). But, considering his mother owns ten poodles (!!) who knows??

Well I too have made reservations to go arrive in Rio April 11 and return to SF from Sao Paulo (can't miss Lagoa!) on April 26. The more the merrier I say, and I hope that some of the other posters (like Jake who I meet in SP last year) will be able to join us at this time. I hope the boys are prepared! SF Traveler

Well, I do have my doubts about Rayan. . . ;) Unlike some of the other guys, he seems to be at Estação EVERY night, and didn't have much problem staying over (except for the annoying need to leave at 5:00 a.m. to get home to mama). Rayan may have a girlfriend, but I have to say I don't get strong straight vibes from him. However, he can self-identify any way he wants as long as he wants to get it on with me! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All:

A friend introduced me to this board (and the Rio threads in particular) a few months ago and I've been logging on 2-3 times per week ever since. I have wanted to visit Rio for as long as I can remember, and it looks like it's finally going to happen. The dates are set (April 17-24), the hotel reservations confirmed (Atlantico), and I have my tickets in my hands. My original plans included a few days in SP (under Arthur's care), but personal commitments forced me to abandon that leg of my trip. Maybe next time. Thanks, Arthur, for being so understanding.

As a newbie, I have a million questions for the veterans - but I'll research the archives first. There's so much there.

Tri, Tomcal, SFTraveler: If you guys are still planning to be there in April, I hope to say hello and perhaps hoist a couple (of drinks, that is) together.

Archived