THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Archives! Archives! Archives! Use Them!!!!!!

Axiom2001
This topic is 7924 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As a member of this site for a year plus and a daily reader of this particular site, might I urge you guys who plan to venture south of the US border to read before posting innumerable questions. Your advance reading will help you as well as those of us who have previously posted.

Last spring (US) when I had decided that I would be visiting Brasil, I came to this particular board and read the most recent threads. After that I posted some questions which, I might say, were answered to my utmost satisfaction; then I searched and searched through those ARCHIVES gleaning additional information. ALL of the information which I received about Rio, Sao Paulo, Salvador, I. Falls, Perati, and other places of my interest truly helped me once I had arrived in Rio.

I also purchased and read books which had been cited here; I read through all of the websites which had been written about in the various threads. The information here helped as well. All in all I urged future travelers to do their own research from the sources here--archival as well as NEW questions proposed...

(Many of our members here have written a plethora of information; It is contained in the ARCHIVES. This information is valuable as well as quite tameless, and in order for me to fulfill my research, I decided to read late at night; therefore, my single phone line would not be tied up... So, gents-- start readddddddddingggg!!;) :)

• 3 weeks later...

As an advocate for our using the archives to extract vital information-- NOW I am finding it really difficult to access these suckers! Last night I tried without success; this evening I read what Tri had written along with the other respondent, but in my attempt to access them, the efforts have been totally futile.

Should I go to "Dddy's" forum and request that he put some very simplified info as to how one goes about accessing, or should we all request that he put the old way back into the system if at all possible. It was so easy a month or so ago!

Guest Tomcal_

Your Right! It is now impossible for me to access the archieves, I am not the smartest guy when it comes to computers, but i never had a problem before and now i can't find any of the topics from April and Aug. last year(I was looking for a address i had posted at the time) Please give us an easier way to looking up past threads!

Older threads/comments

I had similar difficulties, but I think I figured out how to access the older threads. And, "Tri" offered another way to access them in response to my own post, which is in a thread, below . . . "Archived threads . . ." I know that each website has it's peculiarities, but this one seems a bit poorly designed. I think that most people probably just give up and move on, and that's why wo few people post messages, etc. Anyhow, check my thread for the method I've used, maybe it'll work for you, too.

RE: Older threads/comments

I just did a search and it is easy. In fact, it's a lot faster than with the old software.

Go to the Search link on the top of the page in the forum you are interested in. Click on "Use advanced search form" and there it is. I typed in "Jabba" and in just seconds got nine threads where that particular gem [ x( ] was mentioned.

Dick

Archived