THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Tri Takes a Break

trilingual
This topic is 7956 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gentlemen, my retirement will be taking effect at the end of December, following which I'm off to Brazil for a month of celebration and festivities. :D

I've got tons of things to get done before I retire and take my trip, and I don't plan to spend my time in Brazil haunting Internet cafés, so if you hear less from me in the immediate future, that's why. I'll look in periodically, of course, but I won't be able to spend tons of time here. The rest of you guys will have to take up the slack during this hiatus. Fortunately, there seems to be a legion of new Latin American residents and aficionados with experiences to share, so I know this board can sustain itself admirably in my absence. I'm sure we can count on Tomcal, Axiom, xchris, Bruno, Ernani and many others for useful contributions.

Speaking of breaks, "Our Man in Buenos Aires" reports that he'll be spending a few weeks sporadically in Punta del Este during the upcoming Southern summer. If you're going to BA and hope to use his services while you're there, be sure to check with him for his availability during that time so you can plan accordingly. Roberto's new e-mail, again, is vdagp@yahoo.com.ar

And now, it's onward and southward into retirement! :9

Guest Tomcal_

Tri, there is no way I can come close to providing the insight and accuracy of information that you have given all of us these past many months!! But I will try my hardest to help answer any questions anyone has re: Rio, Saunas, Boys!! I look forward to seeing you this coming April(I will be in Rio the 20th to 28th of April). Happy Retirement!! Tom

i wish u well in your retirement & hope the sunshine of bz puts a smile on your face. I have enjoyed your informative posts. boa viagem.

>Gentlemen, my retirement will be taking effect at the end of

>December, following which I'm off to Brazil for a month of

>celebration and festivities. :D

I hope you enjoy your freebie from Bruno while in Brazil. It was well earned! :p Will you also retire from your position as his advisor in chief?

>Congratulations, Tri, and joint the ranks!!:) I did it in

>August of this year. Thus far I've enjoyed the absolute

>freedom which retirement affords one! Ax

Thanks for all the good wishes guys! Considering what Bush & Co. (aka The Petroleum Club) are doing to the government, for once in my life my timing is actually terrific. I'm getting out just in the nick of time. :7 There's just the small matter of my office, which needs to be shoveled out before I depart! Then it's off to New Year's Eve in Rio, with fireworks, festivities and MEN! :9

This has been fun, and I've appreciated all the information so many of you have contributed to this board. I've also had a chance to meet a number of you in person, and I've really enjoyed getting together to share travel tips and experiences. I'm not dropping out of M4M altogether. I'll be checking in periodically, but at least for the next couple of months I'm going to be pretty occupied, so the rest of you will have to carry on, especially those of you who've been to South America recently. Meanwhile, for Tri it's onward and southward! :7

tri, i will be in rio from 12/31 to 1/4 except for three nights in BA and am staying at the atlantico copacabana. i would enjoy meeting you since it was all of these postings (of which you are a kind of leader)

that got me there in the first place. let me know if you are available for dinner or lunch.

Have a great trip to Brazil in January--what a wonderful beginning of your retirement! I just returned from my first trip to Rio and have booked another from January 15th to the 22nd. Through your help and the information on this board my trip was flawless. I have never had so much fun anywhere and at so little cost. I thought of posting some comments on my experiences while in Brazil but there were too many other things to do. I just wanted to say thanks for getting this board going and I'm sure it will continue to be one of the best resources for gay men traveling to South America. Brazil is now front and center on my agenda (including a young man at Estacio named Fernando).

Like many other readers of this site, I've been introduced to Brazil through the semi-world famous review of the Brazilian saunas that started it all here. Living in San Francisco, however, I've had the pleasure of meeting Tri a few times in the flesh, so to speak. I can say that he's a man whose libido is exceeded only by his erudition, or is it the other way around? I just can't decide. Basically, I and all the other participants on this site, not be mention the Brazilian tourist board, owe him a tremendous debt. I've been to Brazil because of him, I'm learning Portuguese and dying to go back. Guys, everything he and others say about Brazil and the Brazilian people is true--they're as beautiful and lusty as they are sweet and romantic. He said not to let any worries hold you back gents and he's right! To paraphrase Horace Greeley "Go south old man, go south" Have a great retirement Tri and let's hear about those saunas in Salvador when you get back!

Archived