THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Second visit to Rio---Recap

Reed
This topic is 7967 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just returned this morning from my second visit in two months, leaving perfect, sunny weather....arriving to sleet, now snow. What a fitting contrast.

I'll admit to being a bit apprehensive that my second trip wouldn't capture the excitement of the first but, if anything, I enjoyed this trip more than the last.

This time, instead of staying on the beach, I took the many recommendations from this site and contacted Rene for one of the corner suites at Hotel Atlantico. For me, a good choice. The suite was infinitely nicer than what I had before, at a significantly reduced rate. And there were a few days that I used the pool as a substitute for the beach. I also found the hotel to be very "user friendly" when it came time to have guests to the room.

As in my previous visit, I limited my nightly sauna visits to Estacao and Rogers. I have a definite preference for Rogers and am discouraged to hear that it will be closing in January. While the facilities are somewhat dismal, I find the guys there are much friendlier and more easy going than those at Estacao. I suspect that part of that is function of my temperament and personality. Clearly, in both places, the guys are more than willing to engage you in conversation if you initiate the contact. It seems to me that the guys in Estacao are a bit more standoffish...though to be fair, I spent much more time in Rogers and got to be recognized as a "regular", which I think makes a difference. In both places, the guys are incredibly good looking.

At the risk of butchering some names...here are some observations of some of my favorites from Rogers. Three body builder types...Appollo, who speaks good English, but sort of uses it with the other guys to try to establish himself as your main guy...Fernando...a great looking, powerful guy looking for some hotel action, too....and Antonio..who has the perfect build, in my opinion...not much English, though. They all seem to be primarily tops. They each have a latino look.

The rest of these are versatile...Henrique and Denis are half brothers...Henrique a bigger guy...Denis a stripper five nights a week at Incontro...black and fairly easy to converse with in English. Vangar...a short, lean, muscular guy that was the last one I spent time with...very late in the evening after the place was closing down. Because it was late we didnt linger...topped and bottomed....a very hot guy, but wish I could have spent more time with him. He was the fifth guy on my last night and I was not in my best form...next time I hope to have him at my hotel. Castro...not well liked among some of the boys, but he was a dynamo in the cabine. Short, very muscular....very intense....we left a puddle of sweat on the bed when we left.

Two last ones...I know I'm getting his name wrong...but sounds like "Gadges"...slender, latino looking...I could get lost in his eyes...he's very charming...saw him with a group of men at the Jabba place on my last night in Rio...I was with a couple of the other Rogers guys...one of the most beautiful guys I've ever seen...22 years old...easy enough to converse with in English. Finally, Yan. An irrepressible personality...fairly tall and lean..good English. Well known at the hotel. He got us a couple of tickets to the Brazilian quarterfinal soccer championship at Macarana. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but that ended up being the most fantastic experience of this last trip. If you have a chance to see a soccer game there, take advantage of it....its like nothing you've ever experienced. An you cant beat Yan for a strong, goodlooking guy, with a personality to match.

I'm going on and on for too long...I realize that...but just wanted all the posters and viewers to know that the second time was at least as good as the first....Also...in other postings I mentioned the ATM fees. This time I used my debit card...a Visa on the Plus circuit...at Blockbuster, instead of the GM mastercard. Instead of the $15 fee per transaction...it was only $1. A lesson learned.

I'm ready for the next trip in April......but dont know what I'm going to do without Rogers. We'll see what the new place is like, I guess. And its also good to see Arturo as a participant here.

I made my arrangements earlier this month by calling Rene direct, as suggested by Tomcal in an earlier post. I told him that his number had been provided by a recent guest and he laughed and asked if I was one of those who had been faxing and emailing him. It appears that a lot of interest had been generated. At any rate, I told him I was interested in one of the corner suites and inquired about the rate. Somewhat defensively he said he could give me a great rate, but that rates had just increased from the prior month since it was now "high" season in Rio. Though it seemed a bit early for high season rates to be kicking in, I certainly wasnt in a position to question him on that. I was quoted $66.00 a night....he told me the normal rate was $99. That was agreeable to me, especially compared to what I had paid on the beach. When I checked in the front desk clerk said the hotel was full, so maybe it is high season already.

Well, it seems a little bit early for high season to have started, because South American schools aren't out for their summer holidays yet, and the bulk of that hotels clients are Brazilian and Argentine. At least, that's what it's been in the past. After all the interest that's been generated by Tomcal and other visitors who learned about the Atlântico from this board, it may be high season at that hotel for a long time! :D They certainly have location, location, location for getting to the baths, and the new subway station at Siqueira Campos should be opening next month, so I can predict good business for the hotel! As long as the rates are reasonable and they keep providing friendly service, keep on patronizing them!

Archived