THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

rio question...place to stay

floridarob
This topic is 8007 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know i've read a lot about where to stay in rio but without having to search and re-read all the threads, can someone tell me where is good to stay for 2 guys (seperate rooms or bedrooms) in the Copa area. Something with a view of the beach would be great but more important is no problems bringing someone back to the room (I know about the warnings, but in case I meet someone at a disco) and close to the bars and saunas.

Also if anyone can give detailed directions to some of the saunas....I only have been to Roger's before and I stayed at the Othon Palace where they wouldn't allow me to bring anyone not registered in the room.

Thanks for your help.

I do not profess to be an authority in the least regarding where to stay in Rio, but recently I stayed at the Atlantico Copacabana, Rua Siqueira Campos, 90 Copacababa (recommended in one of the threads in the archives). This hotel is around the corner from Rogers and a very short distance north of Estacao; I made my reservation here in the States via the net at http://www.Ipanema.com.br I asked for a room on a quiet side; the desk clerk placed me in a wonderful room 1308 on the 13th floor. ...saw only one other tenant once and the maid twice during my seven day stay. I had one visitor whom I met in the lobby before he came to me room. ...no problem.

Might I suggest that you do take some time and go through the archives; I surfed them on more than one occasion; printed what I needed which was indeed a great help. ...received loads of help from those men who had been in that fabulous city previously.

Club 117 Rua Candido Mendes, 117 Gloria 2252-0160

Take a taxi; give the address to the driver. Unfortunately I did not go to this sauna this time but plan to when I am in Rio during my next visit.

Roger's Rua Ministro Alfredo Valadao, 36 Copa

Ask hotel desk clerk how to get to the street; that is what I did, and he gave me two ways to get there; the second direction was the more expedient of the two. ...a short walk from the Atlantico.

Termas Estacao Rua Tonelero, 217 Copacabana The street of the hotel crosses the one on which the sauna is located. ...a three block walk ---north-- if that.

I hope this helps, but again, go to those archives. That's one of the principal reasons they are there-- to answer and to advise...

Archived