THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Comparing Termas Sauna (Barcelona) with the Brazilian saunas

Guest Deweywop
This topic is 6803 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Deweywop

Let me try to compare the Termas with the Brazilian saunas. I was in Spain this winter. I'm starting a new thread because the Barcelona thread is so convoluted with subthreads, I didn't know where to stick my post.

1. The general set-up is the same. You pay the sauna to get in (around E11-15), you pay the boys directly for services. This way, the boys work for themselves and are not "pimped." The Termas has free (small) cubicles, so you don't have to pay an extra fee to the "house" for a room.

2. The boys are mostly Brazilian and South American, though there are a good number of Spaniards/Catalans. I did not see any East Europeans or North Africans, because I looked.

3. Price is E30-50, whether they're Brazilian or Spaniard. I shudder to think how any of them make a living, since it's an expensive European city and the Brazilians still have to recoup the $1000+ for their plane ticket and can only legally stay in Spain for 3 months.

4. Unlike the bright and sociable Brazilian saunas, the Termas, though squeaky clean, reverts to the dark and grotty (and disco-loud) American/European model of bathhouses. Note to management: When we are hiring a professional, we'd like to be able to see what he looks like. We presume a professional, unlike an amateur, would not need "mood lighting" to enhance the experience.

5. This seems strictly a venue to hook up with professionals. I got some looks from certain older gentlemen, but there doesn't seem to be much interaction of the nonpaying variety.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deweywop

Sydney, where did you post your thread comparing the saunas? Under Europe or South of the Border or where? I can't find it. (Maybe it's hidden in all the "nesting" of threads and messages on this site that makes it difficult to search for postings.)

Archived