THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Visiting Amsterdam

wayno
This topic is 6877 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi everyone,

First time in Amsterdam coming up soon. I am looking for any recommendations on a nice hotel that is convenient for gay clubs and/or cruising areas. As far as the clubs go, I understand Blue Boy is closed so are there any others that are options that someone would recommend?

Basically looking for ideas where to stay in town and where to find someone as options listed on the site here have not replied or not really to my liking. Looking for someone in early 20s and can be top, bottom or versatile (with decent english).

Thanks in advance.....Wayno

I am afraid that Amsterdam has really gone downhill over the last 5+ years. It is certainly NOT the gay mecca it used to be.

All the "Houses with Boys" have now closed ecxept for the Club 21, which is at 21 Spui Straat, behind what was the Blue Boy/Whynot. It is a small place and has a small selection of Boys.

I used to stay at the Aero Hotel on the Kerk Straat. It is opposite the Night Sauna and convenient for the Gay venues that remain! Unfortunately it has changed hands and is now run by Women and not as exclusively gay as it used to be.

Sorry to put a dampner on your trip!

Gerefan

I am afraid that Amsterdam has really gone downhill over the last 5+ years. It is certainly NOT the gay mecca it used to be.

All the "Houses with Boys" have now closed ecxept for the Club 21, which is at 21 Spui Straat, behind what was the Blue Boy/Whynot. It is a small place and has a small selection of Boys.

I used to stay at the Aero Hotel on the Kerk Straat. It is opposite the Night Sauna and convenient for the Gay venues that remain! Unfortunately it has changed hands and is now run by Women and not as exclusively gay as it used to be.

Sorry to put a dampner on your trip!

Gerefan

Amsterdam used to be such great fun, but the houses have really all closed. Blame the internet as much as anything. Only places to go for pick-ups are really the Cupido and Music Box on the Paardenstraat off of the Rembrandtplein. The Okura is incredible with a super health club with great pool and saunas and no quesitons asked about guests, only paid for extra entries to health club. The apartments in the back of Hotel Krasnapolsky are a super way to have guests and free access and have a sort of non-hotel existence and still have all of the available hotel services. Also fun is tho rent a residence from http://www.citymundo.com. Had great success with this firm with three different rentals in different parts of Amsterdam. They delivered exactly what was promised!!!

Amsterdam used to be such great fun, but the houses have really all closed. Blame the internet as much as anything. Only places to go for pick-ups are really the Cupido and Music Box on the Paardenstraat off of the Rembrandtplein. The Okura is incredible with a super health club with great pool and saunas and no quesitons asked about guests, only paid for extra entries to health club. The apartments in the back of Hotel Krasnapolsky are a super way to have guests and free access and have a sort of non-hotel existence and still have all of the available hotel services. Also fun is tho rent a residence from http://www.citymundo.com. Had great success with this firm with three different rentals in different parts of Amsterdam. They delivered exactly what was promised!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Where do all of the illegal Romanian rentboys hang out then? Whenever I asked where they were from, many would say Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia or Yugoslavia. But they were basically almost all Romanians with a smattering of Poles.

Archived