THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Is prostitution legal in Germany

LustinGuy
This topic is 7263 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm in Cologne for a week and just spent a few hours cruising the rent boy bars near Carussel...

I didn't really spot anyone that caught my eye so I decided to call it a night and try again tomorrow.

As I was walking out of Carussel I saw about a dozen of the boys I had seen in the 3 hustler bars lined up on the street HANDCUFFED and a few plain clothes cops running around trying to round up more...

Anyone out there know if this is routine

I've frequented similar establishments in Munich, Berlin and Frankfurt and they seem free to operate with no concern for the law... not to mention the "house of boys".

Anyone know the scoop?

I'm assuming there will be even slimmer pickin's out tomorrow night after this drama...

No, prostitution IS legal in Germany. (Female) prostitutes pay taxes, get regular medical checkups and have a right to social security. I believe pimping is illegal.

Perhaps the young men were being rounded up because they were foreigners (probably eastern Europeans) who did not have a work permit for Germany or they were minors, or possession or sale of drugs were involved.

Archived