THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

London Gets Lucky

Lucky
This topic is 7696 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Throat Poker

Hey, Lucky

Next week may be this week by now, but there are at least 3 of us ... of which (of whom?) I am one... Jeez, my syntax is fucked...it's the extreme heat over here - make sure you bring towels and iced water.

You are welcome though - do you need any advice/info about anything? Very happy to help a fellow Hooville resident.

Enjoy your trip!

At the moment I am set for advice, but I have no doubt that I will need some the first night I am there! It is so good that the heat wave broke!

BTW, I want to go to Scotland as well. Here's where I could use some advice as to where to stay and what (whom?) to do. I have been there before, but just to do tourist stuff.

Mr. Poker, thanks for getting back to me on that. Send me a private message if you would like to meet for high tea, or just coffee!

Please be aware that if you plan to go to Edinburgh next week, the Festival is on. Because of the great number of events and attractions, there will be a huge number of visitors there.

Your best bet in finding somewhere/anywhere to stay will be to use websites such as

http://www.lastminute.com

http://www.laterooms.com

and you should reserve as soon as you can.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it tuns out that I was the lucky one. I had a great trip to London, where I took in 9 shows. (The best one, I thought, is Jerry Springer The Opera, surely a pleaser for all of Hooville).

I also got to meet mscllvr who was kind enough to buy me a coffee and listen to my stories on 2 occasions. And Throat Poker, thanks for the helpful advice.

I have met several people from Hoovile as they traveled, so it was nice to have a chat with someone as I traveled. I recommend it!

Archived