THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Vienna

Bilbo
This topic is 8387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So long as I am daydreaming about celebrating New Years at the Vienese symphony, are there any good visuals on men I could daydream about being beside me? (My lover wouldn't even go to the symphony with me here, let alone over there. I took him to his first symphony concert and got ambushed by Bruckner and now he won't go back, claiming to only like shows with plots.)

Guest WetDream

Better get your ticket order in ASAP, Bilbo. New Year's Eve concerts sell out fast. The Statsoper often stages "Der Rosenkavalier" for the occasion, an opera of such lushness that even the BF might love it. As for snaps, look at Johannes in the "Excorts Outside USA" section. Not a great picture, but he is a very sexy and accommodating guy. He is studying to be a vet, so he understands our animal natures...knows how to make you purr and/or growl.

Thanks, you guys. Looks right now like I'll be spending this Holiday season right here in Houston doing "Annie" but Colonel Radetsky's March always echoes through my heart around that time. But if anyone has any more ideas, please don't let the fact that I probably won't be there for at least another year keep you from sharing them with us all!

Annie? Good grief! I thought the offers I get every year for the Nutcracker were bad but Annie trumps the Nutcracker that's for sure. A white Christmas is one thing, but saccharine and sugar- coated is another. Good luck!

Guest WetDream

RE: Nutcracker

While walking through the lobby of the Opera House in San Francisco during the intermission of a matinee performance of Nutcracker, I heard one surburban mom say to another: "Well, the costumes are perfectly lovely BUT the music is the same as last year!"

Don't dance, only move well enough to fake it in certain productions, so have never Nutcrakered except in the audience. (Believe it or not, my lover has never seen it and we hope to get him to it this year.) But this would be my third Annie.

Guest WetDream

RE: Cracked Nuts

Don't think I can ever sit through another traditional production Nutcracker. BUT I do love the Mark Morris version called The Hard Nut. In an oddly respectful way, he turns the old chestnut inside out and looks at it freshly. He even makes you realize how brilliant the music is. My ears usually shut down at the first few notes.

Archived