THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

RentBoy

Guest GladImGay
This topic is 6283 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest GladImGay

Frequently when logging on to RentBoy I usually get frozen at a screen trying to download items and/or lose the ability to maneuver out of the screen. I have a DSL line from ATT/SBC. I don't seem to have this problem with any other site. This issue arose for me about a year or so ago. Does anyone else have this issue and/or anyone have a solution?

I've never had that issue either, but can predict what the next post will be: someone smarter than I asking what operating system (and version) and which browser (and version) you use. But we'll still have to wait for that smarter guy; I wouldn't know where to go from there. You might find him quicker if you post in Daddy's Place.

My less savvy response is to try a different browser. If you use IE, try downloading Firefox and see if the issue goes away. I bet it will.

Kevin Slater

<chuckle>

That's one of the better replies I've seen on a topic like this.

I haven't seen this either (even with IE) but with *any* browser on *any* OS the first line of defense is clearing your cache, cookies, and history.

Sadly, this *could* be a case where there actually ISN'T anything wrong and the OP may have run afoul of an ISP's cache servers. There's just no way to tell with the information at hand.

with two posts (and mine makes three) saying they haven't seen the problem, it points to something more localized unless a quorum wants to jump in and say "me too!".

Just how often is "frequently". Rentboy is one of the sites that is notorious for frequently having issues. Particularly at times when you would expect it to be busiest. Their servers seemed to crash over the weekend regularly. That being said over the last 4 months or so it seems to me to have gotten much better, and I haven't had any issues recently.

Guest DickHo

For the past 3-4 weeks, I've had the same problem 100% of the time. Now I get about 50% of the pictures and it takes forever. This with XP, Vista, IE7, IE6 and FoxFire.

I know it's not me.

I use both Firefox and IE with Windows XP and experience the same issues that you described. ATT DSL is my provider, also, however, I think that is merely a coincidence, given that the same problem has occurred while using hotel internet and Cox Cable internet connections. It usually occurs after 8PM California time, which means everyone else in the USA is also doing their late-evening window shopping, lending credence to the other poster's notion that the issue is related to traffic. Never had the problem with other sites, just Rentboy.

The idiosyncratic tendencies of Rentboy have been driving me crazy as well as I was trying to set up some diversion for this past week... I assumed it was a problem that others would be having as well as I have found the Rentboy site to be one of the most erratic.

To add insult to injury two guys that I was trying to get some info on pulled their ads so even when the site was working properly I could not find what I was looking for!!!!

So as that guy Murphy has often said... "Nothin's easy!"

I agree with Dick Ho. I get the exact same problem on two different computers with two different browsers in two different locations 12 miles apart, all the time and all day long. It is frustrating. I have this problem with no other website. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my computer. I have had some one take a look at my computer and it has so much excess capapcity and is correctly parsed.

Archived