THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

News flash! Germany lost WWII!

Unicorn
This topic is 6712 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Oh yea, I know that word...that's what they do to McDonald's milk so the expiration date can be several years from now and the little precious children can drink milk from cows living and dying 20+ years before the milk is processed as wholesome and healthy...

Oh wait... that's irradiation... NEVER MIND

I miss Emily Latella

Irredentism is a very good word and I'm glad to read it here. In my travels in Alsace I have heard only French, but it's true that many Alsatians speak their native dialect which is similar to German. The history of Alsace is that it became part of France in the expansionist wars of Louis XIV in the mid-17th century. It has been French since, except for two brief periods when it was conquered and annexed by Germany, from 1870-1917, and from 1940-45.

What irredentist movement exists in Alsace must be tiny, and with the European Union becoming ever more centralizing, there's not much difference in being part of France or Germany anyway.

Archived