THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

A blogger's request

Rick Munroe
This topic is 6929 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a question for readers of The Munroe Monument. Would you prefer that I write more often (daily, even)...with the catch being that they would be shorter posts? Or shall I continue on my bi-monthly (or is it monthly now :o ) routine? The thing is, I put it off all the time because lately, between classes, clients, travel and life in general, I rarely have the time to make each piece what I want it to be (perfectionist here) but if I knew I could just post quickies (hopefully still funny and interesting) or even just pics of Derek and me, I'd feel a huge weight lifted off of me and I could continue to be the humble and faithful servant of the people (or at least of the horny guys). If you are so inclined, let me know here or email me at: rickandderek@aol.com . Thanks, men. :)

>Both of us? :) Well, I'll let him go first!

You know, the funny thing is I never put one of those counter-thingies on my site because I wasn't sure I wanted to know how many readers I have. So, it could be hundreds, thousands, or even just you and that other person. :p

>Just kidding, Rick! It's your blog, do it as often as you

>like!

Oh, come on, I hate to make decisions on my own! (But I guess I am opting toward daily quickies...quickie BJ's are hot, so why not quickie blog posts?)

Blogs have really got out of hand.

They started as basically online diaries.

("dear diary, today I milked four cows")

Somewhere along the line they became a medium for being PUBLISHED.

When you get PUBLISHED, you also have monthly/weekly/biweekly/whatever DEADLINES.

When you have DEADLINES it stops being a diary, and it stops being a blog and becomes a column.

Keep it a blog and write something when you feel like it. That's what blogs are all about.

I know that I always look forward to your blog. Why not write when you are not shopping or buying goodies on the internet or making sure that hunky Derek is satisfied.

Never mind-we would never hear from you again x(

I'll be happy with anything I can get }(

I'm a less-is-more type. Anticipation is a HUGE turn-on for me. Oversaturation of a good thing can ruin a good thing. My favorite "star" expression is, "Leave them wanting more."

If I were your advisor, I would tell you to be very careful with this decision. :-)

Rick:

I really enjoy your blog. However, I would say to write as often as it's comfortable for you. I would enjoy seeing more often, but shorter, but if that becomes a burden to you, then continue as you're doing!

Keep up the good work!

Bamaguy:7

Guest zipperzone

Rick: I hate to be a nag, but.......

where is the blog entry on your Montreal trip as you promised us at least a week ago?

Do I sound like a Jewish mother?

You write well and your blog is interesting. I'm not sure that you have truly found your voice yet. Hey even Maureen Dowd wasn't Maureen Dowd in the first 6 months. My advise is write as often as possible, even if it is just a paragraph. Above all, please do not give up!

Archived