THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Hotels by the hour in NY?

Italiano
This topic is 7171 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I remember I read here some times ago about two Hotels "by the hour" in Manhattan, one in the East Village, another in Park and 2? St.

Which one would be the best for cleaning and discretion?

Is it better to book a room or should we just step in? Any idea of how much would it be?

I am a little nervous about it.....:o

>I remember I read here some times ago about two Hotels "by

>the hour" in Manhattan, one in the East Village, another in

>Park and 2? St.

29th, to be exact.

The Deauville, 103 E 29, just east of Park Avenue S.

>Which one would be the best for cleaning and discretion?

Don't expect any place that rents by the hour to be luxurious.

I don't know the other one, but I have been at the Deauville, and it is adequate. Small room, not much bigger than the bed, nothing fancy, with full bath. The place was reasonably clean whenever I have been there, but the last time was a few years ago. About discretion see below.

>Is it better to book a room or should we just step in? Any

>idea of how much would it be?

As of a few years ago it was $50 for 4 hours. (It's in 4 hour blocs, not by the single hour. That's actually good, since you and your guest can take advantage of the facilities to clean up in an unhurried manner.)

They don't take reservations for the short-stay rooms, or at least they didn't a few years ago. You just show up. They claim that except for a few holiday periods like Xmas/New Year's there is never a problem getting one when you walk in.

>I am a little nervous about it.....:o

Don't be. If you've never rented a room like that, the first one or two times that you do you are understandably uncomfortable, but to them it's no big deal. They have seen it all. They have plenty of guests who come in for a midday nap, with their nephews or neices who just happen to want a nap too in tow. You just tell them you want a short-term room, they take your portrait of President Grant, and they give you a key and direct you to the elevator. No muss, no fuss, no paperwork. (But it's possible that there are new regulations in the post-9/11 world that require some sort of paperwork. I wouldn't worry about that too much though.) They don't ask any questions and don't present any obstacles.

So find yourself a hot guy :9 , relax and enjoy. }(

There are really few options for hourly hotels in New York City. The Deauville was an adequate place, but as pointed out, no longer accepts segment stays.

There are a couple of motels in the Times Square area that rent by the hour, but I would use them only as a last resort. Think fleabag, no amenities whatsoever, little, if any comfort, certainly no frequent stay incentives.

I don't know what your situation is, but it might be better, if you can, to find a really inexpensive hotel and just book for the night.

Or, if its convenient, you can search out any of the motor lodges or motor inns (many of them are outside of Manhattan). The lodges near the airports are notorious for short stays and lunchtime encounters.

And that includes the lodges in New Jersey, right outside the Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

Good Luck.

hd NYC

Try the St. Mark Hotel located between 2nd and 3rd Aves. on 8th St. As of December you could book a room for 2 hours for anywhere from $25-$30. The hourly rooms are not luxury by any means, but when in a bind it works well.

I remember a place being discussed a while back that was called simply "Hotel" and was a few blocks off Times Square or thereabouts (it may have been mentioned as a place for a Gaiety private). Rooms had a bed and a sink. Shared bathroom in the hallway. Paper thin walls where you could hear your neighbors getting their rocks off.

A buzzer would ring at the end of the hour when you would have to exit the room. I believe this was in lieu of giving out keys.

Dunno if that thread can be found by searching the message center archives (which I have never mastered).

This is one of the fleabags I mentioned earlier. It might be called "Motel" and is on 42nd Street close to 9th Avenue.

Short stay is $25 for 2 hours; no keys, no amenities, no private bathroom and certainly walls thin enough to learn a thing or two from your neighbors.

On the other hand, it is convenient to the midtown area, it generally has clean sheets and towels and, when there are NO other apparent options......

hd NYC

Archived