THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

What Angel Called You

Knabegeil
This topic is 7357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In a review written on August 14 for Angel Lopez, Messyone6453 writes that he didn't like that Angel called him "Pa." While the writer doesn't explain, it may have thought that Angel was calling him something like "Old Geezer."

Since Angel is an hispanic, I would offer another explanation.

I think Angel was calling 6453 "Papi." While I am stumped to offer an accurate English equivalent, some possiblilities might be: Dude, Buddy, or Stud. Basically the word is designed to show the comfortable familiarity of friends coupled with the connotation that the speaker finds the other person impressively sexy and attractive. In short, I doubt Angel was insulting 6453. Just the opposite. He was giving him a nice compliment.

Cross-cultural references can be messy.

Those who frequent the Center should feel free to weigh in, esp. if their Spanish is better than mine.

As to 6453, I hope he sees this post, which is offered in a spirit of camaraderie, and a desire to smooth out any misunderstanding that may be present.

You are right in a way: it is a term of endearment, often used by women when referring to their boyfriend or husband but, as a native Spanish speaker, I can point out that "papi" means "daddy", which might also imply that there is a considerable age difference between the two parties. I can therefore understand the possible resentment...I know I wouldn't be too happy myself in the same situation :(

Guest LatinoRican

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT...

Both of the previous posters are on the money on this one. A 'papi' may be a young stud and while rolling around in bed with him, you may sigh, "Ay, papi, you are sooo hot." 'Papi' may also refer to ones father. You will have to figure this one out on your own.

BTW, if you want to see a real 'papi', go to rentboy.com, search Puerto Rico, and see what cums up. Click 'more photos', sit back

and enjoy. He is definitely on my 'to do" list!

Sorry, Trixie, but your post was not in English and this rule will remain even after the rules are revised.

While we realize the message center is part of the global community of the public Internet, the primary language of the message center is English. Since administrators may or may not speak other languages, the potential for abuse in non-English posts is great. Post in English only, please.

Archived