THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Anyone been to the new STOCK?

Guest Bluedawg
This topic is 8107 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Bluedawg

Hey, guys. I love the strip bars in Montreal, and I'm dying to hear about the new Stock. Thinking of heading up that way in early July. Has anybody checked out the new location? The longer hours? I keep checking the Strip Club reviews, but nothing yet...didn't they open on the 18th?

Would love any dirt on the new digs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww, poor baby. You'll have to spend 6 months surrounded by Argentine men. }>

A friend works for an airline and flies for free, so he goes down there for a weekend several times a year. He waxes absolutely poetic about the big uncut chorizos that are freely available in the bathhouses.

Take a six-month supply of condoms, though. He tells me they'll use 'em grudgingly but won't have 'em readily available if you don't.

I went to Montreal last Thursday and returned on Sunday--three days of being in male-heaven, as far as I'm concerned.

I visited the new Stock on Thursday afternoon and was impressed by the physical layout--there is plenty of seating, standing room so you can watch the stage show, and be available to the "strolling" dancers after they have performed. There are really two bars--one inside the dance area, and another which faces the street--a great place to relax if you haven't found someone to grab your interest. The private dance areas/cubicles--I never know what the f--- to call these areas??--are very, very nice. Plenty of places, comfortable plush futon type things to sit on--they aren't really chairs, a little lower and padded!!! Makes being back there, even more enjoyable.

Dancers in the afternoon: I was disappointed. There weren't very many and they seemed a little inexperienced. One dancer that I did not see perform paid little attention to those who were there--he was more interested in the "bar-tender" out in front. I did my best to establish eye-contact, but I guess he wasn't into me. Oh well.

So I went off to Campus, where I have some favourites.

Back to Stock after 10:00 and it is a much better scene. If you have some dancers that you liked to watch at the old place, you will find them--I didn't notice any that were missing. One of my favourites--Patrick--was dancing and praised the new place very highly. The stage has a white backdrop which shields the entrance, and also serves as an effective backdrop for the in-house video cameras--a nice touch, although my travel companion was not impressed--crazy queen :))

I think if you enjoy the strip bars in Montreal you will enjoy the men and the facility which is the NEW Stock. I know I did, and I plan to return in early August,

I too was in Montreal last weekend and I have to disagree with Samai. I disliked the "new" Stock, much preferring the old place. I felt the layout was horrible. It felt like they just took the space that was there before, fit their furniture in and opened shop. I found the aisles, particularly the one between the bar in the back and the tables to be completely impassable (it was particularly rough when a man in a wheelchair tried to make his way through the mob scene). There was very little room for the dancers to work the room the way they used to at the old place. The temperature inside was not very comfortable. I spent MUCH less time than I expected to at Stock Bar.

I agree about the dancers in the afternoons, especially on Saturday. There was virtually nobody there. One afternoon, there were a few hot dancers, Gaby, Christopher (usually nights), and a new guy named Nick.

The lap dance area is very spacious. I am not sure if I like the big red chairs they have. I usually do LOTS of lap dances when I'm up in Montreal. This time, I only lapped with one guy at Stock (and not that many dances with him) and spent far more time lapping at Campus. The guys in the afternoon there are very good and the evening guys did not have quite as much attitude as I remember from past trips. My favorites were Charlie and Dave in the afternoon, Matt at night along with a new guy (for me) named Shane who I was very attracted to.

Yes, of course, I'll be going back. And I will definitely try out Stock again. I am positive they will strive to make some improvements. The weekend I was there was right after a holiday in Canada and before the 4th of July weekend, so I think many of the regulars weren't working. For now, I'd rate Campus top on my list, but that can easily change.

My esteemed colleague Paul Revere wrote about the lap dance area at Campus and how open it is. I hear they are remedying that and closing things in.

My visits to Adonis and Nirvana, while way too short to be definitive, were very disappointing. And I try to stay away from Taboo, too young for my taste.

Still, Montreal is the most fun of any North American city for this type of thing.

I was also in Montreal last weekend; shame that NYObserver and Samai and I didn't get together; I would like to meet them. We obviously have similar interests. I posted a long review on my appreciation of the new Stock in the Lounge section. I agree more with Samai than NYO. I tried unsuccessfully to find Gaby while I was there, but others obviously found him.

Campus was very enjoyable in the afternoon. There is a new section of three private dance booths behind the raised platform across from the bar (where the dj used to be). They are the best places in the house. The dancer can keep an eye on the bar and I/you can enjoy the dancers to the fullest! I had more fun there than ever, and dancers seemed particularly friendly and open. Raphael, Derek, Eric, and Gabriel (a different one) were all very congenial.

Nirvana has come a long way, but has a ways to go. On Saturday night I stopped in, and for the first ever (for me) the place was filled. Every table was occupied by more than one person and there was a buzz of conversation going on. That's good. But they had only eight dancers; that's bad. And there are long periods of dead space between dancers; that's bad. One of the dancers told me they are going to renovate the space. Move the stage out of the center and change the shape, make two levels of seating, add a pool table and some game machines, get more dancers. I hope they follow through; it would be nice to have another good stripper bar in Sky.

Adonis is pretty far downhill. It was almost empty Saturday night. Dancers at the other bars told me that most of the Adonis dancers are leaving to go elsewhere. Customers are mostly local geriatrics who are alcoholic and fall asleep on the tables, dancers said.

And finally, I still do like Taboo. I acknowledge the youth and twinkness, but I still like them. The crowd is warm, congenial, the space easy to maneuver, there is never a pause in the entertainment, and the boys are cute. The private room is fun tho open. Watching eight cute naked boys being cuddled all around you is kind of unusual. The guardian is much less intrusive than ever before, and the boys seem more congenial and open than ever. I had delicious times with Steven and James and Bruno and Ghislain and Tommy and Guillaume. By the way, Tommy's last night was Saturday; his option has been picked up by a generous patron.

I visited Montreal 4th of July weekend. I was at stock on the night of the 4th. Even though I liked the modern feel of the Bar it was too crowded to get a real feel for the place. Even the dancers had trouble working thru the crowd. I sat in the area close to the pool tables. It was hard to see the stage but, the dancers came thru and seemed to congregate there. Had a couple of lap dances then one dancer (Nicholas) offered to come to my hotel at 3am. He didn't show until after 4am and was a disappointment.

This is my third trip to Montreal and I usually favor Campus. I switched back to Campus Friday and Saturday afternoon and evening and had my usual Fantastic time. Yvan was unbelievable,in the new small secluded dance area and back at my Hotel. Also, had fun with Slyvain. He and another dancer wanted to do a 3 way at my hotel but it was 2am Sunday morning and I had a plane to catch later that morning. I promised, if they are there when I return in October, it will be the first dance on my dance card. On Saturday night I got 4 offers to go back to my Hotel. After a couple of nights word seems to get around if you've had privates with a few of the dancers.

I stopped by Adonis Saturday, didn't stay 20 minutes. I also returned to Stock to see the afternoon dancers, only saw 3 there so I returned to Campus after about 15-20 minutes.

I visit Montreal twice a year and must figure out how to get there more often.

Guest Thunderbuns

>I visit Montreal twice a year and must figure out how to get

>there more often.

It's a great town, isn't it?

Thunderbuns

Anyone been to the new STOCK-Now OldStock

Time moves very Quickly in Montreal, understand from my ToyBoy that The NEW Stock is closing tonight 14th July ,and returning to old/former premises in St. Andre. The owners line is that there is a licensing problem, but I understand that the Dancers were not happy and making far Less $$$$.

Another French/Canadian Revolution perhaps - Happy Bastille Day..

Guest Bluedawg

RE: Anyone been to the new STOCK-Now OldStock

Good Lord, the new STOCK is closing tonight??? I'm headed up to Montreal today to check it out! How long will it take them to return to their old digs? You mean to tell me I've booked a trip to Montreal, and there's a good chance STOCK will be closed for most of the time I'm there?

Sigh. Is Fate against me, or what?

Guest Thunderbuns

>Time moves very Quickly in Montreal, understand from my

>ToyBoy that The NEW Stock is closing tonight 14th July ,and

>returning to old/former premises in St. Andre. The owners

>line is that there is a licensing problem, but I understand

>that the Dancers were not happy and making far Less $$$$.

>

>

>Another French/Canadian Revolution perhaps - Happy Bastille

>Day..

How can this be? What business could afford to go to the expense of making the improvments for a new location and then in just a few short weeks, turn their back on it and go back to the old location????

And what about their new landlord who presumably is holding a valid lease? That's a very peculiar thing about how the French Canadians do buisness. They act on their emotions and to hell with the legalities.

Keeps a lot of lawyers in business.

Thunderbuns

Guest Kenny021

That is just "Hearsay"...and possibly not very reliable. Whoever "Boytoy" is, let's hear from others who know FOR SURE that Stock has returned to their old location.

For the attention of Kenny21 and others:

New Stock closed last night Sunday 14th, Old Stock will re-open tonight 15th. This is being promoted as a temporary move back for 6 weeks until the new License is arranged. But lets see.

And Kenny21, My BoyToy has a closer affinity to you than you may realize, incidently above information has also been re-confirmed by on-site visiting correpsondent BlueDawg.

By the way the above is still hearsay until I see for myself.

Uncle

Guest Bluedawg

This is "on-site" investigator BlueDawg, who's about to answer his own question!

It seems that the new Stock premises on St. Catherine Street (right down the street from the other big infamous male go-go bar, Campus) has obtained its liquor license, but its owner has failed to secure the requisite legal permit for naked dancing. That can take at least three months to process, under Canadian law.

As a result, he's had to shut down shop on St. Catherine, and move--for an estimated six week--to the bar's former location on St. Andre. Once the six weeks has passed, he intends to move back--lock, STOCK and barrel--into the new digs, once and for all.

Tonight (Monday the 15th), the new place was still open for drinks, but no dancers present. Just a plain old every day bar with nothing for entertainment but a few habitués and a trannie bar-keep.

But over on St. Andre, the old Stock was in familiar form. Slow (a Monday night after all), but with a lot of the regular dancers strutting their stuff. Oddly, there's no sign at the new Stock to direct patrons to the old Stock. I guess you just have to be "in the know."

Supposedly, the St. Andre location will continue the relatively new Stock policy of hosting dancers in the afternoon starting at 3pm. That's purportedly going to begin tomorrow. (Today, they cancelled the afternoon shift so they could actually MOVE the premises. Seems in spite of the move, the owner didn't want to lose more than a few precious hours of business. Lucky for me, since I came here to ogle and feared that they would be closed altogether!)

There seems to have been a seismic shift up here in the dancer work force; some have ditched Stock for Campus and vice versa; and L'Adonis is just plain desperate for dancers. But have no fear, fellow travellers. Gorgeous male flesh abounds (and deep intellect and stirring personality, too, OF COURSE.)

Signing off,

BlueDawg

Guest Bluedawg

>Blue-Dawg, I think I understand the situation, any sign of

>Mr Stock - Ken appearing anywhere, or has he retired as has

>been indicated before.

>

>Tony Now BUE...

Haven't seen Ken, I'm afraid. But I am visiting early in the week, and some of the guys don't bother...the bars can be slow...if I see him on my travels,I'll let you know. But--alas--I'm leaving tomorrow.

Cheers,

Bluedawg

Hey, guys. I love the strip bars in Montreal, and I'm dying to hear about the new Stock. Thinking of heading up that way in early July. Has anybody checked out the new location? The longer hours? I keep checking the Strip Club reviews, but nothing yet...didn't they open on the 18th?

Would love any dirt on the new digs.

The new stock is great. As the others here have reported, the old stock has reopened now and all of the dancers are saying that it will be 8 weeks before they return to the new stock.

I was at the new stock a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and had a blast. It's just a block from campus and lots of fun. The dancers were delectable.

Someone asked in another note if the Stock guys do hotel calls.

I had guys from Stock and from Campus offer to do a hotel call and multiple dancers gave me their phone number so I could call them either the next day or on my next return to Montreal. So I think the answer is an unqualified yes. :-)

However: not all dancers do privates at hotels and evidently some of them are offended by being asked to. If you're interested in a guy, just ask him. But do so in a courteous manner and remember that, for many of these guys, English is something they're still learning. Patience is a virtue, especially in cross-cultural situations.

BG

Guest Tampa Yankee

BG,

Glad to see you are getting out and about and enjoying those breath-taking Candian natural resources.

TY :+

Archived