THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

MESSAGE FROM A FORMER GAIETY DANCER

Guest musclegenic
This topic is 8425 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest musclegenic

I was a dancer at gaiety back when a brief private was allowed at the club itself,usually at $50.00 a pop. Well, times have changed and of course that is no longer allowed. The money we would make was incredible just on those "brief privates", of course we still did the longer hotel thing, but the real money was made in the club.

Most of the dancers were and still are straight. I was one of the few gay dancers. Respect was a two way street, if a patron was respectful to me, I was also, but there were always a few bad apples(both patrons and dancers). Guys attending the shows must remember that we are just as nervous as you, we were probably more so. The dancers if they got out of hand or got many complaints were not invited back, but who was there to control the patrons? One night I took a guy back to my hotel and although he seemed quite timid at the club turned out to be a monster, he was hell bent on spitting at me in the face, that is how he got off. Luckily I was capable of ending the session, but who controls an out-of-towner who would never be at the club again? So, guys when you go to Gaiety remember respect is a give and take thing.

Also, I read a lot of complaints about the dancer not performing what the patron wanted. You must remember that it is all about money and that most of the dancers are straight. To think otherwise is naieve', don't expect a straight guy to suck your cock. That is unfair. Certainly rudeness is never ok, but once again it's give and take.

Drugs ARE never allowed at the club. If a dancer is high, which I have rarely seen, it was done before he got to the club. But, I have seen many drunk and high patrons. Steriods, of course many of the dancers do them as I did but the infamous "roid rage" I have never seen. What a dancer does in private is his business as long as he doesn't bring it to the club.

I just wanted to put out an insiders view of things and maybe you guys can understand things better. Have fun .

Thanks for this post. We don't hear very much from the dancers' point of view at the Gaiety. As one who has consistently enjoyed the Gaiety over the years, and who intends to do so for many more if it continues, I was glad to hear from you.

I do remember the "brief encounters", and with fondness. I am interested that the real money was in this format and not in the hotel visits. I had suspected so, but did not have any corroboration. What a shame that they are a thing of the past. I can imagine that a lot of patrons would part with $50 or so who would not even consider the standard $200 rate quoted now.

I would like to hear more from you and from other Gaiety dancers about how you felt as dancers. I have the impression that it can be quite a charge being up there, turning so many guys on. But I can imagine it has its downsides as well, as you indicate. How did you decide to get into it? What was your first time like, and how did it change with experience? How long did you dance? Did you meet anyone through the Gaiety experience who has remained a friend? What year(s) did you dance? Did you dance in other places as well? Any experience at private parties? How did those experiences compare? Why did you stop, if you did?

We get wonderful reports on the Gaiety from NYObserver on this site, but rarely have the chance to connect on this level with dancers. Thanks!

Guest musclegenic

I will try and answer most of your questions. How I got to dance at Gaiety? One night a friend took me just to check out the dancers, he had been there many times, however, it was my first time. I found the whole thing very exciting. I went to sit in the lobby and a dancer approached me. He told me that I had an incredible body and that I should be up on stage. I was wearing a tight tank top, so it was clearly visible as to the shape I was in. Well, to make a long story short, I took that comment seriously and 6 weeks later there I was on stage.

Backstage was funny. All the straight dancers would jerk off to straight magazines and all the gay dancers would jerk off to gay magazines. However, for me the magazines were not necessary, just seeing the straight dancers jerking off was enough visual.

On a good night I could do 20 brief privates and 2 hotel things. $1,000 for the brief encounters and $300 for the hotel, so $1,300 was a good night.

It was a great feeling being on stage, knowing that you were turning people on.

THe highlight for me was the night Madonna showed up at the club. It was incredible.

Gaiety was and still is a great place. If you were there in the 80's you've seen me dance, i was a regular. Gaiety also introduced me to my long time lover, yes, he was also a dancer, we've been together for 12 great years.

Guest jizzdepapi

really a gay dancer?

if you really were one of the few gay dancers that performed at the gaiety, you could prove it!!

did you ever try to take denise for a makeover or on a clothes-shopping junket? i think if she felt better about herself, she might enjoy dealing with customers and might actually smile at us and even ocassionally not try to get rid of us in 15 seconds.

if you are truly gay, you would have at least tried this.

eager to hear,

best,

jizz

p.s.: i also think denise is one of the few people who would look good with a 50s-era beehive and a slathering of cheap blond hair dye with dark roots preserved.

Guest steveyboy

RE: really a gay dancer?

Point made. I have seen her and she is definitely not a catch. I meant more along the lines of auditioning dancers or asking for favours or even making demands, that sort of thing.

RE: really a gay dancer?

Oh, Jizz -- you're way way off base here!

Denise is obviously striving to achieve a definite esthetic -- that of Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas. They too were muses of their time, inspiring men of many different types through their salon in Paris to achieve unimagined poetic heights. Is not Denise the Gertrude Stein of 46th Street? Not only her personal appearance and dress, but her cryptic speech, sybilline in its brevity and ambiguous referents. Her salon attracts yearning souls from all over the world, urging the young to acts of heroic self-display and the older to heights of appreciative emotion they may not have known they could reach.

With Tongue in Cheek (alas, my own) -- BgMstr4u

Archived