THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Could someone please explain the rating system used in this forum?

Guest mike
This topic is 8767 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-00 AT 06:13PM (EST)[p]The ratings are a method of trying to attract each other's attention to something that we hope will be read, or occaisionally to stick it to someone who we totally disagree with. 1 is don't read - tacky, bitchy, I never give those as I don't believe in telling anyone to shut up if I can help it. 10 is - please read this as I totally agree with it or think its important, or it just too witty to let it slide past the rest of y'all. You will notice that there is a red strip at the bottom of the thread, just position your mouse pointer over the number you want to input and click once. You will be immediately depositied back in the general run of things, out of that particular thread. I find this very handy when getting back out there otherwise would involve hitting the backup arrow Several times. The number will be taken and averaged with the numbers other people have assigned that thread and then posted for all to see. There's evidently a fairly small percentage of us readers who bother to rate things, so you will find that your opinion weighs in disproportionately. If, however, you find that you still totally disagree with the final, averaged number, there is nothing to stop you from going back into the thread just to add your rating again.

Archived