THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

A few words of praise for "Tommy" at Club Taboo in Montreal.

Guest LITTLEANTNEE
This topic is 8825 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest LITTLEANTNEE

A few words of praise for "Tommy" at Club Taboo in Montreal. I had heard many negative (in the minds of speakers trained at Gaiety and Campus) things about Club Taboo in Montreal. Mostly, it is said that the "boys" at Taboo are both emaciated and (look) too young. 80% of the dancers there fit that description, but the other 20% are simply beautiful, masculine young men. Somewhat smaller in stature than the dancers at Campus, Tommy (named for the cologne he wears?) is the vision of the wholesome, "all-American boy next door". Lightly-muscled, cut, and with a bommin' bottom, Tommy epitomizes the "Abercrombie" catalogue model mystique. Brown-eyed, velvet-tanned, and delightfully smooth-skinned (no razor-stubble on this "boy") Tommy is a treat for the eyes, fingertips, nose and mouth (a polite nibble only, please). Next time in Montreal, try Club Taboo -- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Guest fedssocr

RE: A few words of praise for

I've never been to Montreal but definitely plan to make it up there soon. Taboo sounds like my kind of place. :-) Are there any nice hotels nearby? Seems like there are lots of places to stay in downtown, but I guess I'm not sure where the gay part of town is in relationship to everything else.

Guest LITTLEANTNEE

fedssocr, This was my first trip to Montreal -- so I'm no expert. I'm certain that if you look carefully through this site, you will find much info on where to stay (I'm also certain NYO will reply and be most helpful -- as soon as he's back and recovered from his most recent trip tp the "left coast"). I can tell you that I stayed in the Montreal Bonadventure Hilton. Very nice, very quiet, very expensive (a friend was attending a conference there). Mostly, you will want to stay somewhere on the Rue St. Catherine (I will stay next at the Wyndham on that street -- it looks nice, is moderately priced, on the "subway" line, and is within walking distance of the "Gai Quarter"). Most of my friends stay down the block (nearer Campus, Stock, Adonis and "my Tommy") at the Gouvenor (someone please help with my spelling -- I have no patience to look it up). I know it is very fairly priced and looks very nice, but I find the stretch of St. Catherine where it is located a little "dicey". Travelocity.com is also a fount of useful information. Just post that you wish to stay on the Rue St.Catherine and you will recieve alot of useful information. C'mon guys, help the man (and me) out with a more informed opinion than mine. Thanks!

Guest JackSFO

Hotel in Gay Montreal

I always stay at the Hotel Des Gouverneur on St. Catherine; it's a superior to first class hotel that's two blocks from the Campus and Stock bars and connected directly to the metro system. Rates start at US$85. And, I've never had a problem bringing back the entertainers after their shift...

Guest jeejer

I recently came back from Montreal also and stayed at the hotel Bourbon on St Catherine st midway between Campus and Stock to the west and Taboo and l'adonis to the east. It is gay owned, part of a whole gay complex which takes in a whole block. the room was small and the bath is partitioned from the rest of the room. But it is not as bad as it sounds. I found it convenient. No problem at all for bringing in "visitor"

i want to sing the praises of Bruno at Taboo. Like the rest of the dances he is short and small, but muscled and tight. He was so accomadating in lap dances(kissing, and unzipped my fly to play with my cock)that I just had to invite him back to the hotel Bourbon

I did not spend alot of time there because I had also heard poor reviews of the place and went on my last night there and had a great time.

Guest LITTLEANTNEE

SFOJack, Thanks for the correction on the Hotel Des Gouverneur on St. Catherine (I hesitate to check my spelling sometimes for fear that AOL will take the opportunity to throw mw off-line, very frustrating). Also, I really hadn't considered what may have happened if I wanted to take Tommy back to the Bonadventure Hilton (or the Wyndham). Perhaps I will look into the Gouverneur for my return trip later this month (I liked it that much).

Jeejer, Isn't it funny the poor reviews of Club Taboo. I went along with my friend because he is into "younger" guys. To my surprise I found Taboo to be clean, comfortable, well air-conditioned (not a given in Montreal), and loaded with cute young men of all types (and a friendly, varied croud of regular patrons). Everyone should be encouraged to check out Club Taboo (stay for at least 20 minutes and get past your first impression). Thanks for the help, guys -- and keep posting.

Guest LITTLEANTNEE

SFOJack, Thanks for the correction on the Hotel Des Gouverneur on St. Catherine (I hesitate to check my spelling sometimes for fear that AOL will take the opportunity to throw mw off-line, very frustrating). Also, I really hadn't considered what may have happened if I wanted to take Tommy back to the Bonadventure Hilton (or the Wyndham). Perhaps I will look into the Gouverneur for my return trip later this month (I liked it that much).

Jeejer, Isn't it funny the poor reviews of Club Taboo. I went along with my friend because he is into "younger" guys. To my surprise I found Taboo to be clean, comfortable, well air-conditioned (not a given in Montreal), and loaded with cute young men of all types (and a friendly, varied croud of regular patrons). Everyone should be encouraged to check out Club Taboo (stay for at least 20 minutes and get past your first impression). Thanks for the help, guys -- and keep posting.

As one of those who has given poor reviews to Club Taboo, I must now recant.

The last time that I was in Montreal one of my friends wanted to see Club Taboo, so we went. To my surprise there were many hot young buffed dancers. This was very different than what I had experienced before.

There are still many dancers there that are too young looking, too skinny, and too dirty looking for my taste, but there were others that looked very interesting. I did not sample any Taboo dancers in the backroom though. (I still have a hard time watching those who appear to be underage, somehow I find it creepy. Even if the dancer is of legal age, I for one, do not lust after underage boys; I am looking for young men.)

I always recommend Montreal as a destination for fun with dancing boys. So if you go, check out all of the clubs. You never know where you will find the treasure. Club Taboo is always packed, so there must be a market for that kind of entertainment.

Lodging Choices

I too have stayed at Hotel Gouv. when visiting Montreal. I stayed in the "business class" rooms, which were quite nice, one queen sized bed, very spacious, clean, no problem bringing back "friends". It is in a convenient location.

I have heard that St Andre is very nice, quaint, right across the street from The Stock.

I am experimenting with another B&B on my next visit, I will dutifully report my findings.

Guest LITTLEANTNEE

RE: Lodging Choices

Paul Revere: I, too, am a little "icked" out by the percieved age of some of the dancers at Taboo. But your comment that a treasure can be found anywhere definately rings true. I found the Westside club, two blocks from my hotel, to also be quite fun. I think because of its out-of-the-way location, you definately get a greater value for your money than in the "Gai Quarter". Check it out next time in Montreal.

NYO: Welcome home. I knew you'd have the info on where to stay in Montreal. I'm changing my plans as I type. I won't be at tonight's show (give my apologies to Chris), but I will be in tommorrow. Look forward to "seeing" you - AntNee.

Keep on posting, Guys!

Guest JackSFO

Club Taboo

As I recall, Taboo is a couple of blocks up the street from the Adonis. When I was last there a few months ago, the neighborhood above Adonis seemed to be "iffy" for walking. I have no hesitation about walking from Hotel Gouv to Campus, Stock or Adonis, but wondered about walking to Taboo. How did you guys get to Taboo...walk or cab?

RE: Club Taboo

Jack;

Relax. Montreal is completely safe. They don't have any iffy neighborhoods. Walk to Club Taboo. Its only one block up from Ste. Catherine, and it is right by the Papineau Metro station. The drugged out squeegee kids and the street drunks are the worst thing that you will find in Montreal.

Tabou

Tabou is great, well lighted, spacious, friendly varied crowd, many seats, continuous entertainment (rather than the big gaps of blackness at Gaiety et al), very reasonably priced drinks, nice waiters.

It takes 11 minutes to walk along Ste. Catherine from Stock to Tabou, and it is safe all the way.

Hotel des Gouverneurs (part of a chain in Quebec) is very nice but more expensive. Hotel St. Andre is $71 CD summer (= $45 US) and $59 CD (=$36 US ) off season. It is pleasant, clean, and offers fresh free croissants and coffee for breakfast. It is right across the street from Stock. 50 steps south is Hotel des Alpes, a sort of Swiss family hotel. Very clean, pleasant, fine breakfast downstairs in breakfast room, about same price as Andre. Single rooms here are quite small, altho doubles are fine. Rooms in St. Andre are all fine for size. I have not had any problems with dates at either. Telephone numbers for both can be found on web or in "Gay Guide."

Archived