THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Monkeypox Vaccine, 2nd dose?

TonyDown

I want to ask a question of members that had the 1st dose of monkeypox vaccine. 

I do not want anyone's medical opinion, for example from health professionals. I am not asking anyone to surf the internet for answers.

Here is the question.

During your appointment, did the person that administered the vaccine tell you a 2nd dose is not needed it you've had the smallpox vaccine?

That is what I was told yesterday, that if I never had the smallpox vaccine, then I should return in late April for dose #2.  

Again, I am interested hearing from members that received the vaccine, and not interested in medical professional advice.   I hope that is clear.

29 minutes ago, TonyDown said:

I want to ask a question of members that had the 1st dose of monkeypox vaccine. 

I do not want anyone's medical opinion, for example from health professionals. I am not asking anyone to surf the internet for answers.

Here is the question.

During your appointment, did the person that administered the vaccine tell you a 2nd dose is not needed it you've had the smallpox vaccine?

That is what I was told yesterday, that if I never had the smallpox vaccine, then I should return in late April for dose #2.  

Again, I am interested hearing from members that received the vaccine, and not interested in medical professional advice.   I hope that is clear.

I wasn't told that either.  Got the second dose too.

9 hours ago, robear said:

No I was not told that. My history of smallpox vax was never part of the process, including intake information.

I was not told that either; however, my local health authority was administering first doses of the vaccine only to those without the smallpox vaccine in order to target those most at risk in the community first.