THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

John Boyne's New Novel-All The Broken Places

Lucky

Previously I have mentioned two Boyne novels that I liked.

The first was The Heart's Invisible Furies Posted more than 2 years ago-

This gay novel came out in 2017. I don't know how I missed it, but it is one of the best novels I have read. Thankfully, it is rather long. I say that because I was so caught up in the novel that I wanted it to go on. Author John Boyne tells a tale of two boys over almost 70 years. It's a love story in so many respects, full of interesting characters and events. The Catholic Church in Ireland was so powerful and anti-gay, it made it almost impossible to come out of the closet.

I won't say more as I hope that you will read the novel yourself. Avid readers will love it. Your heart will be touched.

https://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Invisible-Furies-Novel/dp/152476079X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

The second was A History of Loneliness. Two years ago I wrote here:

Another John Boyne novel I like is A History of Loneliness. It's about a priest in Ireland who didn't notice that boys were being molested until late in the game. It's a good study of the Irish Catholic Church, the power they had, and the collapse of that power when people learned the truth , not just about the molestations, but the decades-long coverup

And the latest is All The Broken Places, a sequel of sorts to The Boy in the Striped Pajama's, which is Boyne's most well-known novel and was made into a movie.

Broken Places is a powerful novel about the Holocaust aftermath and its effect on the daughter of the Commandant who ran Auschwitz. I highly recommend it. It's not especially gay, although there are lesbian characters and a super hot 19-year old Nazi!

Edited by Lucky