THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Update to my prior "update" on "cines" in Sao Paulo (Cine Aurora)

coriolis888

I formerly enjoyed the cines in Sao Paulo.  My favorite was the cine on Rua Aurora, a couple of blocks from Praca da Republica.  

In my November trip, I reported that the place (at that time) was dismal and had no one there.  Admission was charged to enter but when you entered, the place was empty. 

During my February trip (this month) I felt optimistic and I decided to give the old cine another try. 

I entered and paid admission but I did not see many garotos.  As I was about to leave disappointed, a handsome garoto called out to me and asked me if I was looking for company.  

I was quite surprised to see a good looking garoto in the nearly empty cine.  

Needless to say, we spoke then decided to go to an hourly hotel near the cine.  

He was charming, had no bad habits that I could spot.  I saw him for several days until he returned to his family in the interior of Brazil.  He showed me photos of his wife and two small children.  

We keep in contact.  I hear from him every day via whatsapp and I will be happy to see him when I return to Sao Paulo. 

So, even though many things and places have been adversely affected by the virus in Brazil, if you happen to be in the right place at the right time, you just might luck out and find a lone garoto in one of the cines or at the saunas.  

On another topic, I already reported an adverse event at Lagoa.  I was told that the garoto in question is no longer allowed to work in the sauna as a penalty for what he did.  

I returned to Lagoa on Friday, last, and I noticed the broken door is back on its track and hinges.  The culprit garoto was not working at Lagoa to my knowledge.    

Hopefully, when I return to Brazil, the cine and sauna scenes will be improved and the garoto I met will return to Sao Paulo and be his charming self. 

Edited by coriolis888

37 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

I formerly enjoyed the cines in Sao Paulo.  My favorite was the cine on Rua Aurora, a couple of blocks from Praca da Republica.  

In my November trip, I reported that the place (at that time) was dismal and had no one there.  Admission was charged to enter but when you entered, the place was empty. 

During my February trip (this month) I felt optimistic and I decided to give the old cine another try. 

I entered and paid admission but I did not see many garotos.  As I was about to leave disappointed, a handsome garoto called out to me and asked me if I was looking for company.  

I was quite surprised to see a good looking garoto in the nearly empty cine.  

Needless to say, we spoke then decided to go to an hourly hotel near the cine.  

He was charming, had no bad habits that I could spot.  I saw him for several days until he returned to his family in the interior of Brazil.  He showed me photos of his wife and two small children.  

We keep in contact.  I hear from him every day via whatsapp and I will be happy to see him when I return to Sao Paulo. 

So, even though many things and places have been adversely affected by the virus in Brazil, if you happen to be in the right place at the right time, you just might luck out and find a lone garoto in one of the cines or at the saunas.  

On another topic, I already reported an adverse event at Lagoa.  I was told that the garoto in question is no longer allowed to work in the sauna as a penalty for what he did.  

I returned to Lagoa on Friday, last, and I noticed the broken door is back on its track and hinges.  The culprit garoto was not working at Lagoa to my knowledge.    

Hopefully, when I return to Brazil, the cine and sauna scenes will be improved and the garoto I met will return to Sao Paulo and be his charming self. 

Look at you! So many years longing for South America, and now two trips to Brazil in six months! Bravo. 

I will be in Rio in April. If we coincide, I would love having a field trip to the saunas together.

3 hours ago, José Soplanucas said:

Look at you! So many years longing for South America, and now two trips to Brazil in six months! Bravo. 

I will be in Rio in April. If we coincide, I would love having a field trip to the saunas together.

Thanks.  But, want a surprise?  I have been visiting Brazil nearly twenty years and have made more trips there than you can imagine.    

I also visit Austria a few times each year.  

Brazil is for fun. 

Austria is where I meet my relatives (Vienna) a few times each year.  My relatives stay in Vienna only a few days to a week.  After they leave (they live in Germany) I can have my own fun in Vienna, which is a great city.   

You should check out Sao Paulo.  It is safer than Rio and has a lot more to do than Rio.  It has no beach but that is a small issue when you think of all the great things found in Sao Paulo.   

Admittedly, following the pandemic, things in Brazil have changed for the worse.  Many of the places I used to visit (including Lagoa), have lost a lot of business which means there are less garotos available.  

Edited by coriolis888

9 hours ago, coriolis888 said:

Thanks.  But, want a surprise?  I have been visiting Brazil nearly twenty years and have made more trips there than you can imagine.    

I also visit Austria a few times each year.  

Brazil is for fun. 

Austria is where I meet my relatives (Vienna) a few times each year.  My relatives stay in Vienna only a few days to a week.  After they leave (they live in Germany) I can have my own fun in Vienna, which is a great city.   

You should check out Sao Paulo.  It is safer than Rio and has a lot more to do than Rio.  It has no beach but that is a small issue when you think of all the great things found in Sao Paulo.   

Admittedly, following the pandemic, things in Brazil have changed for the worse.  Many of the places I used to visit (including Lagoa), have lost a lot of business which means there are less garotos available.  

I have been to SP back in the 80s. The city is always in my top five list, but Rio always prevails. I like the beach city vibe, even if I do not go much to the beach.