THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rates on the Rise??

Jayse

Bottom line is this is one of the most capitalist transactions out there - no price controls, regulatory body, recommended rates, collective bargaining etc. The only distortions that can allow excesses to creep in are an eye on the law and fear of exposure for some.

So rates do stabilize over time based on what the local market will tolerate - a function of supply, demand etc

I switch off at the moralizing / ethics arguments (“how do you expect providers to survive under these conditions…”) as much as I do when I hear clients speak of providers collectively as being required to do whatever they want, whenever, because they’re paying. 

was eager to see him back in November.  A month later we chatted, and in his chat he'd informed me of a fee change.  I wrote back and told him that I would "take a ring check."  Apparently, he did not understand, for he wrote back seemingly rather enthusiastic in our

what is a “ring check’?

14 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

was eager to see him back in November.  A month later we chatted, and in his chat he'd informed me of a fee change.  I wrote back and told him that I would "take a ring check."  Apparently, he did not understand, for he wrote back seemingly rather enthusiastic in our

what is a “ring check’?

I assume he meant "rain check," but I don't think that phrase really conveys what he intended.  A rain check implies a transaction won't occur right now, for whatever reason, with the implication that it will occur at some point in the future.  It sounds to me like the intention was to communicate a change of mind regarding hiring the guy, period.

Bought a dozen eggs lately?  Looked at your gas & electric bill? My Mani-Pedi has gone from $21 to $45 pre-Covid to today. Since pre-Covid, my favorite boys have about doubled for new clients, a little less for regulars.

We were spoiled. From 2012 to 2021 the rate of inflation hovered between o% and 2%+. The US inflation rate in January 2023 was 6.5%. Those of us who are old enough remember when the US inflation rate was 13.55% in 1980. Be glad you're not in Turkey, where the January 2023 rate of inflation was 84.4%.

It is just economics. Like everything else, cock finds its market clearing price. 

On 2/19/2023 at 11:04 PM, Church magnet said:

I know, right? Don't they know inflation doesn't apply to sex workers because they're just hunks of meat that live in a cages at night when not being molested for pennies.

My local barber used to charge $10 before covid. Since he reopened last year he charges $25. So I have halved the frequency with which I visit him.

He asked why I don’t come every month like I used to, and I told him I can’t afford to at his new rates.

He got his mirror and showed me my scalp. “Don’t worry sir, you have less hair these days anyway, it’s probably the right frequency for you” 

11 hours ago, DWnyc said:

Bottom line is this is one of the most capitalist transactions out there - no price controls, regulatory body, recommended rates, collective bargaining etc. The only distortions that can allow excesses to creep in are an eye on the law and fear of exposure for some.

So rates do stabilize over time based on what the local market will tolerate - a function of supply, demand etc

I switch off at the moralizing / ethics arguments (“how do you expect providers to survive under these conditions…”) as much as I do when I hear clients speak of providers collectively as being required to do whatever they want, whenever, because they’re paying. 

The best comment on this subject I’ve seen for ages. I totally agree.