THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

thank you texts

arnemgreeves

I always send a "thank you and look forward to our next visit" text for the exceptional experience.  When they return to my area, I follow thru and book again.  I would say 100% of the time I get a nice reply back.  Nothing wrong with showing appreciation and a little courtesy. 

Edited by Yukon21

19 minutes ago, Boink said:

Subtly telling you they're not interested in your repeat business.

Or they’re just being very discreet about contacting you. I’m conscious when contacting clients that some want maximum discretion, so am very careful about initiating contact (although a ‘thanks’ should be safe enough). Don’t read too much into a lack of response, it’s not necessarily that they are disinterested or ungrateful for your business! 

Absolutely.
I would never walk away from a good session without following up with a thank you message.

People who go out of their way to provide superior service deserve to feel appreciated !

I also usually inquire as to whether they would like me to leave a review for them and where to leave it.

9 hours ago, Jamie21 said:

Or they’re just being very discreet about contacting you. I’m conscious when contacting clients that some want maximum discretion, so am very careful about initiating contact (although a ‘thanks’ should be safe enough). Don’t read too much into a lack of response, it’s not necessarily that they are disinterested or ungrateful for your business! 

Maybe it’s a regional thing. Here in the US it’s highly unusual that I get no response back when I send a text of “thanks.”

Notes of gratitude should never go out out of style.
Some years ago, at an embassy dinner, etiquette maven Amy Vanderbilt was overheard to have said, “if your gentleman has let you pull on his balls when he shoots, a handwritten thank you note is the least you can do. But if he’s eaten your hole like a hot lunch, a bottle of nothing less than Veuve, delivered on ice, will do as a gesture of appreciation.”

🤓

14 hours ago, Jamie21 said:

I don't think responding via text to someone who texted you first warrants being overly 'discreet'.  In situations like this, the silence conveys disinterest, whether intentional or not.

Edited by Boink
spelling

2 hours ago, Boink said:

I don't think responding via text to someone who texted you first warrants being overly 'discreet'.  In situations like this, the silence conveys disinterest, whether intentional or not.

Possibly yes. You might simply have been just another client, with just another text. What to you was a life changing experience, to him was Monday morning at work. Half hour after you left he probably can’t even remember your name. 

23 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Absolutely.
I would never walk away from a good session without following up with a thank you message.

People who go out of their way to provide superior service deserve to feel appreciated !

I also usually inquire as to whether they would like me to leave a review for them and where to leave it.

Same. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2022 at 2:05 AM, Jamie21 said:

Possibly yes. You might simply have been just another client, with just another text. What to you was a life changing experience, to him was Monday morning at work. Half hour after you left he probably can’t even remember your name. 

I was little surprised to hear that a provider wouldn't respond to a 'thank you' from a client (and even a little bit that a client wouldn't express 'thanks'). Logically it just does not make sense to me considering:

1) A lot of providers are angry (justifiably so) with clients who waste their time or don't show. I may be just another Monday morning client, BUT, I am a Monday morning client who showed up and didn't waste your time.

2) A lot of clients are angry (again, justifiably so) when providers blow off their inquiry for service.

In both cases, a  'thank you' and a 'response' seems like free and easy advertising. Both cases are chance to make EACH an ingrained memory. 'I remember that provider. We had a good time, and he responded to my thank you. I will hire him again.' And, 'I remember that client. He showed up, he paid, and he sent me a thank you. I will see if I can can set something up with him, BEFORE I respond to a new person that I don't know if I can trust.'

30 minutes ago, APPLE1 said:

I was little surprised to hear that a provider wouldn't respond to a 'thank you' from a client (and even a little bit that a client wouldn't express 'thanks'). Logically it just does not make sense to me considering:

1) A lot of providers are angry (justifiably so) with clients who waste their time or don't show. I may be just another Monday morning client, BUT, I am a Monday morning client who showed up and didn't waste your time.

2) A lot of clients are angry (again, justifiably so) when providers blow off their inquiry for service.

In both cases, a  'thank you' and a 'response' seems like free and easy advertising. Both cases are chance to make EACH an ingrained memory. 'I remember that provider. We had a good time, and he responded to my thank you. I will hire him again.' And, 'I remember that client. He showed up, he paid, and he sent me a thank you. I will see if I can can set something up with him, BEFORE I respond to a new person that I don't know if I can trust.'

I agree. I always reply to “thank you” texts with something like “glad you enjoyed it, nice to see you etc” but don’t be surprised that some people simply don’t bother. Maybe they get enough clients without having to do much client care work. If that provider is getting sufficient business, and doesn’t plan to be doing the work long term then his non response could be logical to him. 

I don't mind a follow up thank you text. It means I did a good job and the client will likely hire again. Although sometimes answering back may give them the impression that they can just contact you off hours anytime even if they don't plan to rehire soon lol

Edited by Maximus69

I really enjoy receiving thank you texts. I always respond. These are the texts I like to respond to the most, because they are validating and indicate it’s a client I want to see again, and will more likely see again, which means it’s worth more of my time and energy to invest in the client (which I would do anyway). Not that sending a reply takes much time or energy, but certainly something I will always do, and want to do.

Keep in mind that I may be delayed in responding, but will respond. Sometimes I won’t respond “immediately” especially during busy times that I may be cleaning or grabbing a quick bite or driving or any number of things in a rush to prepare before my next client. In that case, I may respond after the next appointment, or 10 mins later, or what have you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I often thank the provider for a good time. I'd say 50% of the time the provider thanks me first. 

A couple of providers have mentioned they don't send thank you texts because they err on the side of caution. Many clients want extreme discretion and others only want to initiate contact and not receive it. Me? I love it when a guy thanks me. 

1 hour ago, rvwnsd said:

Yes, I often thank the provider for a good time. I'd say 50% of the time the provider thanks me first. 

A couple of providers have mentioned they don't send thank you texts because they err on the side of caution. Many clients want extreme discretion and others only want to initiate contact and not receive it. Me? I love it when a guy thanks me. 

Then there are the guys who don't bother to text a thank-you, but will text you out of the blue to say they're coming to town.

Edited by bashful